• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Once case for multiple mocements.

Baz1984

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/18
Hi all,

I'm still new here(and I did use the search function) so please be gentle....

I am wondering how a manufacturer can offer the same watch, with different movement options,

from what I have read the stem heights on the 2813, 2836, 2824 and SA Clone movements are at different heights.

The watch that sparks my interest is the 41mm bp date just (I know the arf version is coming, this is just for topic). It has 2813/24 and 36 options, yet I am lead to believe the reasoning behind using the 2824 is that the movement is thinner (no day function) and thus can allow for a more gen like case design.

If the buyer opter for the 2813 movement version would they still be getting the same case, dial as the more expensive movement watch, or would each movement have its own case and there for a different thicknees?

thanks in advance

Baz1984

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/18
@Mods my auto correct is stepping in.....

Topic should read "one case multiple movements"

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
They have 2 cases, one for low stemmed movements, one for high stemmed movements.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I think what you're trying to ask is can you buy the cheapest movement and swap in a better one later. The answer to your question would be no. As said above the case itself would physically be different also the dial feet different and the hands would not fit without modification, and the date wheel will not transfer over. The only viable upgrade path would be if you bought one with an Asian 2836 and upgraded to an ETA 2836.