• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Timegraph results - Can't figure out positions

Manager

R O L E X
6/5/17
Germany
Hello!

I need help reading this timegraph. I don't understand what the position (POS) names mean. I can't figure out which one is crown up, crown down, crystal up, crystal down etc.

It's a timegraph result from an ETA clone TC-2824. Thanks for the help.

4178bb52be39e05c547b2f3f26fcb985.jpg

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Really? With those readings from a rep you need to know EXACTlY which position might be 2 seconds a day slower???

B

Manager

R O L E X
6/5/17
Germany
Can't hurt to know how your movement works, this way you basically don't have to adjust it at all if you know how to lay it down at night. :)

Usually, crystal up and crystal down makes the movement move faster. Crown down makes it move slower. But that can vary a lot depending on the movement that's why I want to know the POS names.

Mike Advice PI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/15
The abbreviations seem to be French. I would guess the V is verticale and the H horizontale. The first four positions are the verticals and they are, in order, B for bas (down), G for gauche (left), H for haut (up) and D for droite (right). The last two positions are the horizontals, bas (down) and haut (up). The last two sets of numbers are DEL for delta (the difference between highest value and lowest) and MOY for moyenne (the mean or average).

All of which is useless unless we know which part of the watch is up or down, although the crown would be the likely reference point for the verticals. You'd need to ask the people who tested your watch. By the way, your assumption that the watch will gain in the crystal up and down positions isn't borne out by the numbers. There's quite a difference between the two.

The timegrapher is a pain for the fussy consumer. It shows up apparent flaws when the watch runs well enough on the wrist. I expect you're happy enough with this watch's performance, OP.

DavidsCoaching

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/17
England
I agree with Mike Advice PI breakdown here. The four references starting with V will be the crown position references (up, down, left and right) with the H references refering to the crystal position (up or down). For me the most valuable result here is the mean averaging (MOY). I have to say these are very impressive results. This movement has a good, healthy amplitude with very little beat error and rate which averages out to +/-0. In daily use, when the watch is subject to all possible positions and angles, this movement is going to be very accurate.