• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB 7750 auto winding seems stiff

Billyboy1951

Horology Curious
19/8/17
I've recently purchased two HBB reps from Lucy with 7750 movements from V6. The first one, an All Black is working fine and as I don't wear it every day it lives on my electric winder and keeps running flawlessly.
The second one is an Stainless Steel, also from V6. It seems to stay wound while wearing it (I am very active during the day), but it runs down when it stays on the winder for more than a day or so. The winder is set up properly as regards direction for both watches, and I've even given the SS more winds per day than the recommended since I noticed the problem...
I can't really say if the issue has gotten worse or if it was like this from the beginning.

Comparing the two rotors, when I give the All Black a swirl, the rotor spins freely many turns. When I do the same with the SS, the rotor hardly gives more than one turn.
So yes, the rotor on the SS is stiff for sure. But is this something I should have looked at, or could it be that the rotor will free up after wearing it regularly for a couple of weeks or so? The SS is only 2 months old and I haven't worn it much at all.

Obviously it's always better not to open the watch unless absolutely necessary, so I'd like to know the best way forward.
Any opinions would be welcome.