• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What movement can I swap this with?

Stanco1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/16
I have this wonky (sometimes the second hand can be spinning freely, crown feel loose, and the stem feel like it can snap anytime) explorer 2 that I would like to get some hands on practice and to bring it back to life.

Can someone help me identify what movement is this and what replacement movement can I fit it in with please.

This is just a chance for me to learn more about watches so I prefer a cheap and reliable replacement movement. The handstack is not important to me.

2nuslt4.jpg

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
That's low end Asian 23j, something like a DG2813 will probably fit the case, but the hands may not fit, which would mean buying new hands - not expensive form somewhere like Raffles Time.

Stanco1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/16
That's low end Asian 23j, something like a DG2813 will probably fit the case, but the hands may not fit, which would mean buying new hands - not expensive form somewhere like Raffles Time.

tripdog , thanks for the reply.... i thought DG2813 is a 3 handed movement? since mine is an explorer 2 with gmt hand, i should get DG3804B?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
tripdog , thanks for the reply.... i thought DG2813 is a 3 handed movement? since mine is an explorer 2 with gmt hand, i should get DG3804B?

Yes, you're right, I didn't absorb the Explorer bit. DG3804B for an Explorer.

Reactions: Stanco1