• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

When adjusting isn't enough

xyz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/11/11
What to do when your movement loses 1 second every hour, but you have already turned the adjustment screw to the minimum setting?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
What to do when your movement loses 1 second every hour, but you have already turned the adjustment screw to the minimum setting?

Probably not the answer your looking for.. but I’m afraid you have to get it serviced.

The movement can get dirty which has effect on the accuracy. Even some new movements need to be serviced as they leave the factory dirty. I don’t know the value of your watch. But yes, servicing can be quite expensive.

Sent from the RWI App

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Yes, worth a shot.
You could use some pointed tweezers.

Put the the regulation screw back in neutral position so you can micro adjust if necessary. And mark the position of the lever as it is now so you can go back to default setting.

Maybe the WildSpectra in the google playstore can be useful for you.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
quite " dangerous " to shift the green arrow without a timegrapher, it has to be moved a very little ( and I'm not talking about millimeters, but less than that ) otherwise you will have a watch that, instead of losing 1 sec per hour ( 24 sec a day ) will gain incredible amounts. Best advice is to get it regulated somewhere, if this isn't enough then get it serviced. or buy a timegrapher and do the regulation yourself

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
If you don’t want to buy a timegrapher you can download an app called Hairspring and use a phone and a headset to tell the accuracy of your watch.

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

xyz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/11/11
Adjusting took time, but the result is COSC spec! Thanks for the app tip, it saved a lot of time, though I used another app.