• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Eta 2824

mcarty04123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/12/13
Will a gen 704 crown fit a gen eta 2824 movement. This is for a TC V6 upgrade.

Cdenim

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
Will a gen 704 crown fit a gen eta 2824 movement. This is for a TC V6 upgrade.
If you are refereeing to the stem screwing into the winding crowns clutch tube then yes. Believe its a tap 10 so it should screw right in. Now if you are referring to the crown tube, that i'm not sure on. Not sure as to the width, height or pitch of the tube on the TC.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You're asking some pretty silly questions - you say a watch maker is putting this thing together for you, but he does't seem to have much more knowledge on the subject than you do.
Crowns and movements are not 'fit' dependant. Stems and crowns are, tubes and crowns are, tubes and cases are, stems, crowns and tubes are. But crowns and movements aren't.

mcarty04123

Banned
7/12/13
Gotcha I apologize for multiple threads and miss worded questions I am new. Finding it difficult to navigate around this site. Watchmaker came highly recommended from this site. Watch is in line he has not started on it yet when he does we will discuss these issues. Again I am working on getting 25 posts the right way. Lol quess I'm failing.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Gotcha I apologize for multiple threads and miss worded questions I am new. Finding it difficult to navigate around this site. Watchmaker came highly recommended from this site. Watch is in line he has not started on it yet when he does we will discuss these issues. Again I am working on getting 25 posts the right way. Lol quess I'm failing.

If you have a watch maker who is on this forum then he probably knows the answers to all your questions.

I suggest you put all your questions, (briefly stated, no need for a 20,000 word essay) in one email. Tell him what your goals are with the watch, your budget and ask what he needs you to do in terms of purchasing parts etc.

mcarty04123

Banned
7/12/13
Wow I feel like the new kid in scool. Can't do anything right. Lol