• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

replacing an sh3135 with an eta movement

joesetx

Known Member
19/4/14
I have an explorer 1 with a broken sh3132 movement. I do not want to waste any more money on this movement.
Is there a genuine eta that would easily fit this case?
would I need a movement ring? if so which one?
I know I would need a different set of hands as well.

D

d4m.test

Interested in selling the SH3132 and what’s wrong with it?

D

d4m.test

I have an explorer 1 with a broken sh3132 movement. I do not want to waste any more money on this movement.
Sell you SH3135 to @dupe
Buy an ETA 2824-2 for your watch, you can do it yourself or find a watchsmith to do it.

Best of luck!

mikeski1

Known Member
10/8/13
I would not do it yourself unless you have worked on watches before. start with something really cheap and you will need to source the hands and have a custom ring made. Im in the middle of a grape 39mm switch right now.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong

2824-2 + movement ring (measure existing movement ring's OD and find an appropriate/similar one on raffles website)

you will also need new ETA hands (aftermarket long explorer 214270 hands are extremely hard to find - you are better off emailing TDs and see if they sell Noob 214270 ETA hands separately).

Alternatively, find a watchsmith to assemble and modify the existing stock hands to make it fit onto an ETA movement

AL0HA

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/8/16
2824-2 + movement ring

but you will need new ETA hands (aftermarket long explorer 214270 hands are extremely hard to find - you are better off emailing TDs and see if they sell Noob 214270 ETA hands separately)

This. I had a jf v2 with an autowinding issue, that I wanted to swap an eta in. Could not find the correct length hands with correct lume color anywhere.

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Try misiekped..he just started a thread that he work on watches for conus members.

Sent from the RWI App

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
your watch is a JF?
If yes, IMHO is better to repair the movement. what's wrong with it?

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
your watch is a JF?

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
your watch is a JF?

joesetx

Known Member
19/4/14
I had the sh3135 serviced in August when I got the watch. Then last month it stopped working.
The second hand would move but the minute and hour hands were stopped. Pulling out the crown I still couldn’t get them to move.
From reading it sounded like the cannon pinion so I bought a gen Rolex cannon pinion and minute wheel.
I carefully swapped out the cannon pinion but then I noted more problems.
It seems like the train wheels are stuck.
I was also disappointed with the quality of the materials in this movement. The teeth in the cannon pinion had been ground off.
The plate I had to remove to change the cannon pinion was so flimsy it was almost tinfoil.

I decided to get the noob version of the watch and switch the bracelet and case back from the jf that most people agree is better.

I really don’t want to install anymore gen parts in this movement. It’s becoming a money pit.

I am also reluctant to pass it on to anyone because I have been mucking about with it.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I had the sh3135 serviced in August when I got the watch. Then last month it stopped working.
The second hand would move but the minute and hour hands were stopped. Pulling out the crown I still couldn’t get them to move.
From reading it sounded like the cannon pinion so I bought a gen Rolex cannon pinion and minute wheel.
I carefully swapped out the cannon pinion but then I noted more problems.
It seems like the train wheels are stuck.
I was also disappointed with the quality of the materials in this movement. The teeth in the cannon pinion had been ground off.
The plate I had to remove to change the cannon pinion was so flimsy it was almost tinfoil.

I decided to get the noob version of the watch and switch the bracelet and case back from the jf that most people agree is better.

I really don’t want to install anymore gen parts in this movement. It’s becoming a money pit.

I am also reluctant to pass it on to anyone because I have been mucking about with it.
With this kind of experience I could not disagree with you :(