• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Automatic movement

tat2

Known Member
10/10/10
hi anyone had this? I’ve got a gmt2 automatic the balance wheel( the disc which turns round to wind watch up on wrist) hope that’s right fell off? But you can still wind it up like a manual wind . Will it still wind the spring up by movement as well as it starts when you shake your rust before manuall winding? Hope this is a clear description . Thanks for any input

tat2

Known Member
10/10/10
That’s what I thaught still works happy days thanks for input

tat2

Known Member
10/10/10
Would there be anymore strain on parts or as you said your bypassing the rotor function?

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Have you found the screw that holds the rotor? If not, could be a good thing to look for it. You don't want it moving around in there...

tat2

Known Member
10/10/10
Found screw couldn’t get it back on but have a ceramic might be worth changing rota over ?

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Found screw couldn’t get it back on but have a ceramic might be worth changing rota over ?

it should be possible to just screw it back on. Is it damaged? I mean, the threads? Or the actual screw snapped?

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
But yes, if you have a watch with the same movement, you can swap parts between them.