• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which movement is the best?

MikeTheBear

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/17
Hi, I am a complete noobie.

I am soon going to purchase my first rep. An 116613LB

I want to know what movement is better:
An asian 2836 or an SH3135?

Thanks for replies!

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Hey noob! I think I might be a noob too, but point is, if its your first rep then I would go with the 2836 as it is much more reliable. If you do decide to get the sh3135, you should get it serviced asap.
But since its your first rep, I advise to get the 2836 as its a reliable workhorse. Not really that big noticeable difference anyways..

D

d4m.test

Hey noob! I think I might be a noob too, but point is, if its your first rep then I would go with the 2836 as it is much more reliable. If you do decide to get the sh3135, you should get it serviced asap.
But since its your first rep, I advise to get the 2836 as its a reliable workhorse. Not really that big noticeable difference anyways..

Hi there, fellow noob! My TD suggests the 3135 clone though... can you give me some pros and cons of both of them? Thank you very much :)

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Yes. The pros of having the 3135 is that it is much more gen like. Essentially, its the exact clone of the movement the gen uses. But those movements are notorious for needing to be serviced right away.
But on the other hand, The 2836 is an asian clone that has been known to be very reliable.
The final decider I think, is do you have a watchsmith that can service it? And are you willing to pay the extra to have it serviced?

D

d4m.test

Yes. The pros of having the 3135 is that it is much more gen like. Essentially, its the exact clone of the movement the gen uses. But those movements are notorious for needing to be serviced right away.
But on the other hand, The 2836 is an asian clone that has been known to be very reliable.
The final decider I think, is do you have a watchsmith that can service it? And are you willing to pay the extra to have it serviced?

I think that would be stupid concidering me living in a small city. Once one person finds out I am wearing a rep the whole city will know. That is just social suicide...

thanks for your thoughts!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Toun78
D

d4m.test

Haha.
People wont be able to tell between a 2836 and 3135 dont worry. just dont shove it in their faces either ;)

D

d4m.test

Also, there are a couple members on this forum that offer servicing as well, so you would just ship to them and they would service for you. But price is also a factor.

D

d4m.test

Haha.
People wont be able to tell between a 2836 and 3135 dont worry. just dont shove it in their faces either ;)

Haha I wont ;)
One more question, are there different models of the a 2836, and if so, which is the better one?

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

No. I dont think there are different models of the a2836. All are same.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
  • A2836-2 = Asian clone of the ETA 2836-2. Workhorse movement and reliable because of its design heritage and China factory's manufacturing experience. But the Noob sub with this movement will not have the correct crownguard shape and crown/stem/tube height like gen (because of the inherent limitation of the 2836-2's design)
  • SA3135 = Super Asian 3135 clone that is found in Noob and BP Rolex replicas. These movements are compatible with gen dial, gen hands, gen date disc (franken friendly) and they operate like gen. But these movements have no spare parts (even the stem has proprietary design) - except for maybe the reversing wheel can be replaced with gen as I have seen domi fit gen ones into a SA3135 with some mods.

Comment
- From above, you have a compromise between both movement's advantages and disadvantages
- The out of the box reliability of a A2836-2 movement is higher than the SA3135 IMO, but a serviced SA3135 should be fine. SA3135 doesn't have many available spare parts (if it breaks eventually) whereas the A2836-2 parts are plentiful

D

d4m.test

• A2836-2 = Asian clone of the ETA 2836-2. Workhorse movement and reliable because of its design heritage and China factory's manufacturing experience. But the Noob sub with this movement will not have the correct crownguard shape and crown/stem/tube height like gen (because of the inherent limitation of the 2836-2's design)
  • SA3135 = Super Asian 3135 clone that is found in Noob and BP Rolex replicas. These movements are compatible with gen dial, gen hands, gen date disc (franken friendly) and they operate like gen. But these movements have no spare parts (even the stem has proprietary design) - except for maybe the reversing wheel can be replaced with gen as I have seen domi fit gen ones into a SA3135 with some mods.

Comment
- From above, you have a compromise between both movement's advantages and disadvantages
- The out of the box reliability of a A2836-2 movement is higher than the SA3135 IMO, but a serviced SA3135 should be fine. SA3135 doesn't have many available spare parts (if it breaks eventually) whereas the A2836-2 parts are plentiful

Thank you very much for your detailed answear! This was very helpful. I am now 100% sure I will choose the A2836-2

Sent from the RWI App

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Thank you very much for your detailed answear! This was very helpful. I am now 100% sure I will choose the A2836-2

Sent from the RWI App

If you have some extra cash for servicing, I would take the risk and go for the sa3135 version because it's more accurate (functions like gen and it has better crownguard and crown height). You don't have to service the movement immediately but once it starts to have problem like poor timekeeping or bad power reserve, you can send it to our forum's watchsmith to have it serviced

D

d4m.test

If you have some extra cash for servicing, I would take the risk and go for the sa3135 version because it's more accurate (functions like gen and it has better crownguard and crown height). You don't have to service the movement immediately but once it starts to have problem like poor timekeeping or bad power reserve, you can send it to our forum's watchsmith to have it serviced

Ok, I am buying the JF. Does it come with the sa3135? How much is the service? And do I have to send it before the problems occure?

Sent from the RWI App

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Ok, I am buying the JF. Does it come with the sa3135? How much is the service? And do I have to send it before the problems occure?

Sent from the RWI App

The JF comes with SH 3135 movement which has gen parts compatibility with gen rolex movement parts as well as gen dial/hands/date disc (with some modification)

The SA3135 movement (that is found in noob and bp reps) is technically different to sh3135 and gen 3135 but they both function the same

Depends on where you are located - there are forum watchmakers and members that can service both movements in Europe and USA

D

d4m.test

The JF comes with SH 3135 movement which has gen parts compatibility with gen rolex movement parts as well as gen dial/hands/date disc (with some modification)

The SA3135 movement (that is found in noob and bp reps) is technically different to sh3135 and gen 3135 but they both function the same

Depends on where you are located - there are forum watchmakers and members that can service both movements in Europe and USA

Ok, I am located in Europe

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Then I'd recommend to take the SH3135. Once serviced ( @dmuit can do that for you, he's a great watchsmith) they are reliable and it's easy to go the franken route :)

Thank you, that was what I was hoping for. Just modifying it untill it's as gen like as possible. I will do the SH3135 then!

Sent from the RWI App

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Thank you, that was what I was hoping for. Just modifying it untill it's as gen like as possible. I will do the SH3135 then!

Sent from the RWI App

Also remember if you buy any ETA or superclone 3135 movement, there are forbidden hours where it is not recommended to manually change dates. This is because during a certain time period, the movement's date finger will be engaged (before and after the date flip at 12am) and quick setting the time during the forbidden hours might break/wear down the date finger

Usually to cover all movements's forbidden hours (including miyota), don't set the date between 8pm to 6am. Even gen ETA Swiss movement has this forbidden hours rule.

Genuine rolex 3135 movement doesn't have this problem because their date flip posts are built quit strong, but this is not the case for superclone 3135 movements

Reactions: jp13abk
D

d4m.test

Also remember if you buy any ETA or superclone 3135 movement, there are forbidden hours where it is not recommended to manually change dates. This is because during a certain time period, the movement's date finger will be engaged (before and after the date flip at 12am) and quick setting the time during the forbidden hours might break/wear down the date finger

Usually to cover all movements's forbidden hours (including miyota), don't set the date between 8pm to 6am. Even gen ETA Swiss movement has this forbidden hours rule.

Genuine rolex 3135 movement doesn't have this problem because their date flip posts are built quit strong, but this is not the case for superclone 3135 movements

Thank you very much!! Does that mean I can't change the hour/minute either, or just the date?

Sent from the RWI App