• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Otto Frei Movements - Plenty of choices

RobU6263Daytona

Known Member
6/6/17
I was doing some research on movement conversions and came across Otto Frei's website.
http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html

Looks like he has some nice options for a Franken build with new movements. I have no experience with him or his movements and I've seen references to his parts/movements on the forum, but didn't find a thread dedicated to him.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Otto has been around for ever and are well regarded. Just don't email him any questions, the replies are usually caustic to say the least.

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Otto has been around for ever and are well regarded. Just don't email him any questions, the replies are usually caustic to say the least.

Yep. Otto Frei is not a very friendly guy when it comes to communicating with potential customers.

I've bought a good deal of watchmaking gear from him, but I don't ask questions. I knew this from the start.

There are plenty of people to buy recently serviced ETA movements from as well as a place in Canada with serviced Asian clones or Swiss movements although they can be pricy unless you account for the servicing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spankster23

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/13
Texas
They also have a huge selection of Chinese movements, but as other said don't ask questions about them... "buy or don't buy" is all the response you'll get... great place for watch repair tools too.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've bought many parts and two movements from them (ETA 2836 and 7750), always shipped quickly. they also stock older some Omega parts.