• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica movement for a Gen 1960's Rolex Explorer?

Adamp

Horology Curious
22/6/22
Hi there,

I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. I have an interest in replica and also gen watches. I recently found a 1960's Rolex Explorer 1002 34mm case set and dial without movement. The relevant movement for the watch is caliber 1530/1560/1570. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replica movement for this? And if so from where?

Thanks in advance

Adam

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
You won't get a replica Rolex 15xx. You'd need to get an eta or similar in there with holder. Gen dial will need feet removed and you'll need hands to suit the movement. It's not difficult if you know what you're doing.

Reasonably priced15xx do come up from time to time. It may be worth the wait if you have budget.

Last edited:
Reactions: WatchSmith.US

Adamp

Horology Curious
22/6/22
You won't get a replica Rolex 15xx. You'd need to get an eta or similar in there with holder. Gen dial will need feet removed and you'll need hands to suit the movement. It's not difficult if you know what you're doing.

Reasonably priced15xx do come up from time to time. It may be worth the wait if you have budget.

Thanks for the reply.
So a holder essentially allows you to adapt a different movement to a different case? Where would be a good place to look for an ETA movement?

Thanks in advance.
Adam

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
You need to compare the stem height of a 1570 to whatever you intend to install. Fitment of the diameter is one part, but the real battle can be stem height if they are different.

Adamp

Horology Curious
22/6/22