• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3235 movement keeps stopping. Please help!

Jay2003

Looking Around
27/10/21
The Netherlands
Hey everyone! This is my first post. I recieved my GMF DJ36 1 month ago and it was amazing! winding was really smooth and didn't had any issues with it. But since yesterday it did go downhill.... Watch doesn't wind smooth anymore and you feel hard clicks when you try to wind it. The seconds hand also keeps stopping. What should I do???

Invetero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/20
most of the time I have had a second hand stopping, it was because the hand was just slightly bent upward and touching the crystal in dial down position, does yours stops in any positions?
if yes you might consider a service or just replacing the movement

Jay2003

Looking Around
27/10/21
The Netherlands
most of the time I have had a second hand stopping, it was because the hand was just slightly bent upward and touching the crystal in dial down position, does yours stops in any positions?
if yes you might consider a service or just replacing the movement

nope, it stops at random positions. The moments it stops its also really hard to wind the movement. I think that im f*cked lol. Do you suggest a repair or should I just buy a new movement? or is there an easy fix I can do? Never had this happening to my gens/other reps

Invetero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/20
nope, it stops at random positions. The moments it stops its also really hard to wind the movement. I think that im f*cked lol. Do you suggest a repair or should I just buy a new movement? or is there an easy fix I can do? Never had this happening to my gens/other reps

thats a bummer...

If you can find a willing and capable watchmaker in your town, go for a service,
if there are none, you might consider buying a new movement, they are 3235 on aliexpress for less than what a TD will charge you.

In any case, a service is highly recommend even for a new movement, I think it's a better option to service and repair yours and you should be fine for many years