• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to make fine adjustment of timing on new Noob daytona V4?

PandaWatch

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/21
Question: how to make fine adjustment of timing on new Noob daytona V4?
My new Noob Daytona V4 arrived yesterday.
The timing was very difficult to get set correctly, even the slightest movement of the adjustment lever moved the timing 20+ seconds per day per my timing device.
This is my first replica watch movement.
Is there some trick to fine tuning the +/- timing on this movement?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Joyce

PandaWatch

Banned
6/10/21
Has anyone been able to figure this out, or are they simply very sensitive to tiny amounts of movement of the adjuster lever?

PandaWatch

Banned
6/10/21
I've searched the whole site, but was unable to find any info on this.
So I'm guessing at this point no one really knows.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Because you need professional tooling. You won’t be able to regulate timing properly without a timegrapher, in fact most of the times you’re doing nothing more than screw it up.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've searched the whole site, but was unable to find any info on this.
So I'm guessing at this point no one really knows.
1. Many people on this form have figured it out....
2. There is no fine adjustment available on that movement so as said you need specialized knowledge, lots of patience and a good timeographer.

PandaWatch

Banned
6/10/21
Sounds like it just really is that sensitive a lever.
Thank you for confirming the lever is really simply that sensitive.

PandaWatch

Banned
6/10/21
I have a timegrapher.
I understand that is a requirement for timing watches accurately.
I just found that this movement is ultra sensitive to moving the timing lever tiny amounts. Thank you for confirming that is normal.

I'm new to mechanical watches and was a bit surprised that the movements are not designed such that precise timing is not easier. Simply a longer lever would allow a smaller adjustment. It seems that if I move the lever any perceptible amount, the timing swings 20+ seconds, where as the ETA based movements with the flathead screw adjust much easier to much smaller increments. I'm able to get my ETA based movements +/- 1-2 seconds of my goal, but my new Noob V4 Daytona I've only been able to get as close as +6, which is acceptable, but I wanted to check if maybe there was another finer adjustment available. Seems there is not.

Last edited:

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I can’t offer any help, but I also own a noob v4. So far it is only out by +15s/d in the worst orientation (+6s/d in the best). So I haven’t had a need to regulate it. But I’m interested to know if anybody can offer a solution other than “it’s hard, it’s sensitive, and it requires special tools”. Of course that might be the solution, but I guess I can hope it’s easier than that.

Reactions: PandaWatch