• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VR3186

BSG3439

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/21
I’ve just acquired a GMT with a crystal 3186 movement. In my reading I thought it to be a pretty good movement. In the first 24 hours wearing it I first noticed after about 6 hours it was slow by 2 hours. Reset it and it was fine the rest of the day. Took it off at night only to wake up and it had completely stopped about 3 am. Adjusted the time when I got up and will see how it goes today. Any suggestions on what I should do if this continues? Also, what ETA movement can I replace this with if that’s what I wanted to do and what might be involved in doing that? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The VR3186 is a clone movement of a Rolex caliber 3186. There is nothing on there that's compatible with an ETA-based movement. Where did you acquire this from? Do you know if it was running correctly before it was shipped to you? If it was running fine before shipment the first thing I would do is see if the movement has been magnetized during transit. You can download a magometer application on either iPhone or Android and see. If it is then it's a simple procedure to degauss the movement to see if that solves the issue. Beyond that the only other option is to send it out for a movement service.

Reactions: Oascom and XpanzerX

BSG3439

3/6/21
Do you think a service would be beneficial? There isn’t an eta that I could have put in? As far as I know it was running okay prior to my receiving it. I’m sure I wouldn’t get an answer any different at this point.

BSG3439

3/6/21
Will I lose any functionality? Or handstack?

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
The VR3186 is a clone movement of a Rolex caliber 3186. There is nothing on there that's compatible with an ETA-based movement. Where did you acquire this from? Do you know if it was running correctly before it was shipped to you? If it was running fine before shipment the first thing I would do is see if the movement has been magnetized during transit. You can download a magometer application on either iPhone or Android and see. If it is then it's a simple procedure to degauss the movement to see if that solves the issue. Beyond that the only other option is to send it out for a movement service.

We did a trade. Watch ran perfect while in my possession. It is a CF Pepsi and essentially unworn. I would make sure it’s wound all the way “50 plus turns” then if still ha I f issues it is possible it was magnetized in route. It ran great for me but as stated I wore it a total of maybe 30 minutes

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Do you think a service would be beneficial? There isn’t an eta that I could have put in? As far as I know it was running okay prior to my receiving it. I’m sure I wouldn’t get an answer any different at this point.

I've done many deals with Xpanzer88x . I'm certain that he would be truthful and honest if there was or was not an issue when he sent it out. I don't know where you're located but the postal service is not always the kindest to the packages that they ship. Your best course of action is to send it to a watchsmith like oascom and have the movement serviced or replaced for the better and more reliable option which is completely compatible with what you have.

Reactions: XpanzerX

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
I do have a degausser if it ends up being magnetized I can demag it at no charge.

BSG3439

3/6/21
The app says it is magnetized. I’m having the crystal installed today, I’m sure my guy can demagnetize it while I’m there. Thanks