• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Montblanc 1858 Geosphere

mmr7n

Looking Around
21/6/18
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and the replica world - I have never wanted an "expensive" watch, until now. I have fallen in love with the new 1858 Geosphere, but I am aware of the fact that it has just got released really... How long in your experience until a trusted dealer will offer the replica? Thanks

249314-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.1500.1500.png

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hello and welcome to RWI

First of all you have to keep in mind that everything depends on the demand and the chinese market as its buyers are a majority as well.

MONBLANC is not that popular and so are the more complicated watches. If i remember right the most complicated MB was the time walker with a A7753 in it.

the watch you are looking for seems to be more complicated than a normal chronograph movement so i think it is not a model of interest for the chinese rep factories...

maybe one day without any functions but i don't think anytime soon. But i could be also wrong.

Beside those things - a new watch with a potentially strong demand and where a base movement can be used takes about 6-12 month to be replicated (if the maker uses a gen sample) The more common the case/bracelet or the face of the watch the faster you will see a rep.

So again - this model is very nice indeed, but too complicated and extravagant or flamboyant at the moment and not too much sought for IMHO

Reactions: acheeX

mmr7n

Looking Around
21/6/18
Thanks for your reply

Good to know, going to start saving up then for the real thing haha

ugress

Looking Around
14/1/19
I have only come across a 45mm quartz version of this model. I think Quartz is fine in this case because the Geosphere lacks a seconds hand. But 45 mm is a no go. The Gen is supposed to be 41.5mm (42mm on paper).

rrodriguezgarcia

Known Member
21/12/19
Spain
I have an 1858 gen and it is wonderful. I bought it in Jomashop and it came out for less than half its price. You could look at it too, it's another option.

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Ben_Stokes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/20
I agree, a great design for a world time watch although not a fan of the Bund strap

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
One of my sisters just sent me a link to an auction for an 1858 limited edition Geosphere with a green dial. I never knew about this watch but it is beautiful.

Contrary to what was said above, I believe that 9 O’clock subdial is a second hand. The two “geo” subdials at 12 O’clock and 6 O’clock rotate in opposite directions. One rotation per day.

In terms of complications, this is not remarkable but it is interesting and the watch, particularly this edition, will be noticed.

muzzytoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
30/9/22
The Geosphere 1858 was actually the first gen I bought myself... But I ended up selling it on eBay. Just needed the money. But I bought it for $3.7K from WATCHES OF MAYFAIR LTD. It is a beautiful. I lament it sometimes!