• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Timerwalker Comparo 2: Noob A7753 VS GENUINE

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
WARNING: Those of you looking desperately for a Noob A7753 Timewalker should stop reading here! The content of this thread will demonstrated that the noob a7753 version is really close to gen! You will want one even more :)

Disclaimer: It is not usually my style to post low quality pics of dirty watches but even if I only had my crapberry camera in hand, I jumped on the opportunity to do this "photoshoot". Additionnal note: the polished surface of these watch is a finger print magnet!

So a coleague of mine just bought a very nice Gen SS Timewalker with black dial. At first sight both watches feel and look the same. The gen feels more soft and the bracelet is more flexible. The differences are really subtle lets see the pictures:

hyFwu6n.jpg

OnPLrZQ.jpg

Crystal: The AR on Noob is much better than the Gen, but the light refraction and distortion of the gen crystal seems slightly better. Hard to see on these pics though.
Dial: Without macro pictures or a microscope differences are hard to tell. The upper straight line of the "6" looks longer on Gen, which gets closer to the sub dial.

Wh0Vasx.jpg

The Lug shape is a bit different. The edges are more precise and defined on the gen making it feel better when handling it.
The Montblanc screws are fake on Gen as well. They are better defined on the Gen but not by much.
8nwensY.jpg

The crown and pushers are spot on. The Noob Montblanc logo on crown is a bit off white compared to Gen.
3v1IeUy.jpg

The date pusher on the Noob can be operated with any pen. The Gen pusher need to be pressed much deeper to get the date changed. The change mecanism feels different to, it almost feels like the crono pusher, it "clicks" as opposed to a simple presseing on the noob.
akcYDpG.jpg

IaWKGLH.jpg

The texture on the crown is more pronounced on the Gen.

i0Af6zl.jpg

EkSTTeG.jpg

The date wheels sit at the same height.

xt8Mwmh.jpg

Ps88LY1.jpg

The bracelet on the gen is more flexible, sideways but also on its main axe. See how it sits high on the noob when placing the watch facedown compared to the Gen. The rotation angle of the links is greater on the Gen.

Note the Stainless Steel 7141 on Gen vs 7069 on Noob.

The back cover seems to be more flat on the Gen.

gUDjY5a.jpg

b1Ih1QD.jpg

The Clasps are identlical, they look the same and work the same! The Gen even comes with the blue protection plastic film as the reps...

QzrsBvz.jpg

5DmJyRH.jpg

Chrono pushers are pretty much spot on.
The engravings are darker on Gen. Laser etching?
The PIX logo is thinner on Gen.
The rotor surface is smoother on gen. Engravings of the rotor are more precise, but not very noticeable with bare eyes holding the watch at normal distance.

0ZKw4Ci.jpg

B55DErh.jpg

The bezel shape is very similar, the only difference comes in the edges being more defined on the gen.
The Crystal sits a bit higher than the bezel surface on Noob. You can see in these pics the refraction factor difference as mentioned earlier.

The bracelet machining is also better on the Gen, look how the circles look more round on Gen.

cBlQQZV.jpg

The major differences relies in the movement. The feel of the chrono pusher on Gen is different. It requires less force to activate while providing a good feedback that something is being activated. Same for the reset.
The date change mechanism surprised me. I was warning my colleague about date change on these movement, and as I am showing that the date starts shifting at 10pm... nothing....
Then 11.... nothing... getting close to 12, still nothing! The date was not moving or even thinking of moving. Then all of a sudden at 12 sharp: Clack! the date changed instantaneously! This is a very cool feature. I wonder if we can source similar movement for our reps.

Bottom line, without having the two watches next to each other, It requires a very trained eye to differentiate the rep from the real.

Thanks for watching :)

Mirage

vanquish0000

17/11/12
This is awesome, thank you for the comparison! I love mine even more now.....cheers

thadon112

25/3/15
Nice comparison. I went to look at that exact model (gen) two days ago, beautiful watch. Rep said they are being discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirage

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/12
Yes unfortunately this Noob A7753 as been on the market for a period of 6 months (Issued Sep 2013) and was rapidly sold out. I am wondering why they are not issuing other batches. If there is demand, would'nt it justify remaking some?

Reactions: kuntrol7

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Yes unfortunately this Noob A7753 as been on the market for a period of 6 months (Issued Sep 2013) and was rapidly sold out. I am wondering why they are not issuing other batches. If there is demand, would'nt it justify remaking some?

Falling out with part factories/lost design plans. Could be a multitude of problems. What I'm curious is how some unknown factory was pumping out low quality MB A7753 versions and selling them for quite some time.

Diceman

Horology Curious
8/1/16
The reason why the font of index"6" is shorter, Noob is made it for the one with ring arround in-dial.
I had both gen and rep of the one with ceramic bezel, the font was same and color of ceramic was perfect, it was the best rep I have ever seen.

MrMagic

Horology Curious
2/5/14
I think whilst some dealers still list this, it's unlikely to the Noob version.

Timewalker79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/16
Is the 3 bar engraving almost a garanty of being a Gen ? Only the reps will have the 30M water resistant mark ?

spigame

Looking Around
5/12/10
I'm going to order this one from Joshua or Andrew as it seems they have it on stock.. How can I be sure it is the noob A7753 version? Is that possibile to get any confirmation looking at the QC pics?

Phillyrock

Known Member
22/3/14
I have a Non chrono Time-walker, purchased from another forum via M2M.
It was probably the best purchase I made in the Rep world in the last 2 years.
However, the case back is solid and running on a A7750.

Timewalker79

16/5/16
I'm going to order this one from Joshua or Andrew as it seems they have it on stock.. How can I be sure it is the noob A7753 version? Is that possibile to get any confirmation looking at the QC pics?

No sunken date and you should have the 4810502, not the 501 from what I read on here... if you can have a video, the pusher at 10 changes the date... still waiting to pull the trigger on a M2M deal here, but I guess I won't be the only one jumping on a 7753...

Timewalker79

16/5/16
I have a Non chrono Time-walker, purchased from another forum via M2M.
It was probably the best purchase I made in the Rep world in the last 2 years.
However, the case back is solid and running on a A7750.

I tought the A7750 was only for the chrono models, isn't the non chrono running a 2824 or 2836 ?

opronnie

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/11/13
hi, does know of anyone with the 7753 timewalker still instock?