• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help - Misaligned ZZF No Date

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe
Hi,

Location, Europe.

I'm in need of a competent repair job for aligne the dial of my watch. See picture.

Either aligne the dial or rehault, but I read that aligning the rehault it quite impossible.

​​​​

ben_a34

Known Member
30/7/20
Dial/movement is probably slightly rotated. Just open case back, loosen the movement holding clamp screws (don't even need to remove) and turn the whole movement a fraction until aligned. 5 minute job. Limiting factor is obviously how much wiggle room there is with the stem.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe
Dial/movement is probably slightly rotated. Just open case back, loosen the movement holding clamp screws (don't even need to remove) and turn the whole movement a fraction until aligned. 5 minute job. Limiting factor is obviously how much wiggle room there is with the stem.

Thank you for the info, sadly I'm not comfortable doing this myself...

ben_a34

Known Member
30/7/20
Try contacting interaktiv - think he is EU based and gets good reviews here.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It does look like the dial could do with rotating just a couple of degrees clockwise. It really is a very simple DIY job. But yeah, one of the forum watchsmiths will be able to sort it for you in no time.

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe
It does look like the dial could do with rotating just a couple of degrees clockwise. It really is a very simple DIY job. But yeah, one of the forum watchsmiths will be able to sort it for you in no time.

Many thanks! I have reached out to Interaktiv. Hopefully he will be able to help!

Don't want to risk ruining anything with me zero experience. I can switch a bracelet to nato only ;)

Reactions: p0pperini

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe

https://clickpix.org/image/20210616-183141.Zch3GR

What can I do from here? Remove the two small screws on each side and it should be able to rotate the whole movement / dial?

ben_a34

Known Member
30/7/20
https://clickpix.org/image/20210616-183141.Zch3GR

What can I do from here? Remove the two small screws on each side and it should be able to rotate the whole movement / dial?
Yes, the two outer screws. Just loosen them a turn. Then see if the movement will rotate half a mm (you won't be able to move it much due to the stem, but there hopefully enough leeway to align the dial). Then just tighten up. Don't force anything as obviously the stem will break or end up bent!

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe
Yes, the two outer screws. Just loosen them a turn. Then see if the movement will rotate half a mm (you won't be able to move it much due to the stem, but there hopefully enough leeway to align the dial). Then just tighten up. Don't force anything as obviously the stem will break or end up bent!

Many thanks. I'll give it a go.