• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pendant tube removal tool

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap 6.0 tool to get a rolex pendant tube out?
All the ones I've found so far have been in the 30+£€$ range and thats a bit to expensive for what I need.

Or is there a trick I'm missing?

Cheers folks,
Daz.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

fredflintstone

5/4/20
I recently fitted a gen pendant tube to a DSSD, you need to drill, tap and countersink the case to get it to fit. It's a big job really. I've recently bought a zzf v3 subbie that had issues with the crown, the tube came out with the crown. So I just want to swap one over from a case that's no good, well apart from the crown and tube that is. That's where my need for this tool comes from. I've tried all sorts in the past and I can't find anything that works, so I need the correct tool. It's not a job a do often enough to justify spending 30/50£€$ on.
Hence this post, I'm hoping someone out there knows where I can get one that's not overly expensive for what it is. The cheap Chinese kits don't have the correct size bits in them I'm afraid.

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yeah, the pendant tube is the threaded part the crown screws onto. Crown tube, pendant tube, same thing.

i use a small eazy out

fredflintstone

5/4/20
I've tried them in the past Mate, never worked for me. Always ends up tearing it apart.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Can't find it, but these are the gen tools currently on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265123781874

And this is the cheapest I can find, but the postage kills it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311665740376

Hmm, yes I see what you mean. Sorry I wasn’t more helpful. I hit the links above while I was trying to find a thread on the forum about this subject that I was reading recently. The merits of using a star head driver or a 3 sided broaching tool was being discussed. But I can’t track the damn thread down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The reason I remember the thread was because it prompted me to order a set of star head drives, only to recall after I ordered them that I already had a set. The reason I was looking for the thread was because I can't remember the size driver that was being discussed. It was either T8 or T9 (I think). So get a set with those in and it might have one that'll work for you! :)

fredflintstone

5/4/20
AHH you mean torx bits! I think I have some in the tool box, had a GS BMW that used them all over it so needed a good set. I'll have to get rooting as I sold that bike a good while ago.
Cheers

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Just found this set of bits, but none in there are any use, either just to small or just to big :/

Think I'm just going to get the brill bits out and fit a decent after market tube from cousins. It'll work out cheaper and I've already got the necessary tools.
ae8b66a232ca52df5e675424d68724c4.jpg

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Any chance a "just too small" bit would work if you wrapped insulating tape round it?

fredflintstone

5/4/20
I doubt it, but in the name of research I'll give it a try.

fredflintstone

5/4/20
No joy, just tore the tape to bits. I've always found these rep tubes to be hard to shift.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
No joy, just tore the tape to bits. I've always found these rep tubes to be hard to shift.

Ah, yeah - I realised it would be a long shot. But you never know. Good luck with the nuclear option - hope it goes smoothly!