• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Polishing case GMT-Master II 116710 LN

vindies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/15
EU
Hey folks. after nearly 6 years of humble service, I would like to take care of my watch's case.

Would it possible to polish it with the "Cap Cod Polish" or will I ruin the steel completely ?

Are any other options or any people who does that job ?

Thanks for your help

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
There are some pretty impressive scratches, dings and dents in your GMT - it’s certainly developed a distinct patina and character over its lifetime!

You’ll struggle to get the deeper scratches out with Cape Cod. It’s an abrasive polishing cloth, but there’s a limit to its magical capabilities. It’s more effective on dealing with light scratches and swirls. You could give it a try, but it’ll take serious elbow grease to polish some of those marks out.

You may well need to use diamond files and sandpaper to remove the worst scratches before getting to the stage where Cape Cod is going to make an appreciable difference.

Removing some of the dings is probably not even possible without removing a significant amount of metal in the process. You might be better off leaving them, to show that it’s a well-worn watch that’s had a very active life.

vindies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/15
EU
Thanks a lot for this really helpful and rich answer. I will try my best. Will post there the results.

i don’t mind if there are a few marks left. it's just to make the case look a little better

i own 3 Gen’s but don’t ask me why this one has been on my wrist for more than 95% of the time ????

Reactions: p0pperini