• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TB's Watch Repair & Servicing Journey

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I also got a sapphire caseback

Wow!!! I love being able to see the movement!!

Would this be possible on the 11xx and/or 12xx sub series??

One of my favorite parts of my PAM 441 is seeing that bad ass blacked out movement running strong

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Wow!!! I love being able to see the movement!!

Would this be possible on the 11xx and/or 12xx sub series??

One of my favorite parts of my PAM 441 is seeing that bad ass blacked out movement running strong

He makes them for both! He just came out with the 12 series which is awesome for any franken 3235s!

Customwatchconcepts. He is located in Germany and shipping was pretty quick.

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
He makes them for both! He just came out with the 12 series which is awesome for any franken 3235s!

Customwatchconcepts. He is located in Germany and shipping was pretty quick.

No….shit…..ooooo this is rad! No fitment issues? Plug & play? Any water tightness issues?

Thanks T!

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
No….shit…..ooooo this is rad! No fitment issues? Plug & play? Any water tightness issues?

Thanks T!

So I don’t do waterproof testing yet, but he claims 10 bar on his casebacks.

But the figment in my Daytona was flawless. If it wasn’t for that damn rotor that build would have been flawless with no issues!

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
So I don’t do waterproof testing yet, but he claims 10 bar on his casebacks.

But the figment in my Daytona was flawless. If it wasn’t for that damn rotor that build would have been flawless with no issues!

I think I might snag one of each to try out! $450 is a big chunk but seeing that beautiful movement might just be worth it

Again, beautiful build my dude, you’re an artist

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
I think I might snag one of each to try out! $450 is a big chunk but seeing that beautiful movement might just be worth it

Again, beautiful build my dude, you’re an artist

$450!!?? Maybe for multiples?

I paid slightly over $200 I think. And yea it’s a must if you ask me. Especially with the work done.

And I appreciate that!

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Yea, 1 of each model (11xx / 12xx) plus shipping! Maybe I’ll just cop one for now lol

I snagged one of M2M here for 16610 - loved it so much I bought another and just waiting for it to arrive. I didn’t know he released one for the 126610! I’m gonna have to do the same and probably get one 11xx and one 12xx. Too bad shipping to Canada takes forever!

Here’s the one I got off M2M on a JF 16610ln I frankened into a 14060 maxi using a vr3130, gen dial and a solid ARF 116610 bracelet. All it needs is a gen insert now, and maybe one day some drilled lugs:

0c662672d52808193956e4a682180141.jpg

88beefbcb0b62681d979da7b8f0736dc.jpg

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12

Beautiful build! That seals it, have to order now.

Any appreciable change in feel when wearing? Thickness or otherwise

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Beautiful build! That seals it, have to order now.

Any appreciable change in feel when wearing? Thickness or otherwise

As far as I can tell there’s no change in thickness, but would need caliper measurements to confirm that. As far as feel goes - sapphire feels nicer on the skin for me, so I prefer it to the steel caseback. Also don’t have to worry about the bracelet scratching up the back either anymore!

So I’m likely going to switch out most of my casebacks to sapphire over the next while. The only thing I’m trying to figure out now is whether the 114060 caseback is the same as the 116610… he has two options so there might be a 0.1mm difference.

Last edited:

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
As far as I can tell there’s no change in thickness, but would need caliper measurements to confirm that. As far as feel goes - sapphire feels nicer on the skin for me, so I prefer it to the steel caseback. Also don’t have to worry about the bracelet scratching up the back either anymore!

So I’m likely going to switch out most of my casebacks to sapphire over the next while. The only thing I’m trying to figure out now is whether the 114060 caseback is the same as the 116610… he has two options so there might be a 0.1mm difference.

It is thicker by about .6mm. At least the Daytona one is.

Although I don’t think it’s noticeable in the wrist at all.

Last edited:

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
I can only echo what some others have said that this is a really inspirational thread. The meticulousness here is impressive thanks for posting for the benefit of other members.

I'd like to do something similar and start experimenting with servicing movements. My question is where do you find these manuals mentioned throughout the thread? Especially for proprietary movements like the 4130?
Thanks!

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I definitely want one. I had one on my gen GMT.

Do you know which rep 126610 it fits?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
I can only echo what some others have said that this is a really inspirational thread. The meticulousness here is impressive thanks for posting for the benefit of other members.

I'd like to do something similar and start experimenting with servicing movements. My question is where do you find these manuals mentioned throughout the thread? Especially for proprietary movements like the 4130?
Thanks!

Super secret!

You can actually buy them.
I have a thread with my google drive. Has all of them if you are interested.

And thanks!!

Reactions: KJ2020

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Super secret!

You can actually buy them.
I have a thread with my google drive. Has all of them if you are interested.

And thanks!!

Awesome! Requested access, thanks for your contribution to help aspiring tinkerers!