• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any UK based watchmaker actually want any work?

studio1one

28/10/10
I've pm 2 separate UK based watch Smith's with no response. I have quite a few watches that need repair / mods and no one has got back to me. If you're known UK based and registered here and looking for work please PM me

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I have the same problem.... maybe a business opportunity for someone with skills and willing to provide services to the RWI U.K. community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio1one

28/10/10
Just a 'sorry too busy at the moment' would be appreciated. Advertising your services then totally ignoring messages is not professional

Reactions: GottaHave

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
U.K. being out of the EU, watches have to go through customs in and out increasing significantly the risks of getting busted

studio1one

28/10/10
U.K. being out of the EU, watches have to go through customs in and out increasing significantly the risks of getting busted

One watch is fine, just mark as parts for repair. Several more risky I think.

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
How long did you wait for a reply? I’ve used both ado213 and 52degrees . Both UK based and both are professional in their coms & I can’t fault their work. Maybe your email didn’t get through? I always wait about 10-15 days before sending another email just incase it got missed. I work in an industry where I regularly wait two weeks to get an answer, so apply the same rule to the watch industry.

52degrees

Vendor (Watch Repair UK)
Vendor (Watch Repair)
8/3/20
UK
Hi, sorry I havent seen this, havent been on the forum for a while - I have an auto reply on my email though informing people that contact me that I am not currently taking work - I have checked and it is definitely being sent to everyone that emails me, so I assume it wasn't me that you contacted. The problem I am having is I am exceptionally busy, not just with watches now but the lockdown and schools being shut Is also piling the pressure on. If it helps I am about to take some rep work on, but it will be very limited with a long wait - I appreciate im late to this though and I apologise.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Hi, sorry I havent seen this, havent been on the forum for a while - I have an auto reply on my email though informing people that contact me that I am not currently taking work - I have checked and it is definitely being sent to everyone that emails me, so I assume it wasn't me that you contacted. The problem I am having is I am exceptionally busy, not just with watches now but the lockdown and schools being shut Is also piling the pressure on. If it helps I am about to take some rep work on, but it will be very limited with a long wait - I appreciate im late to this though and I apologise.

Stay safe mate

Timewelling

Horology Curious
27/2/21
UK
I had the same problem nearly four years ago although I ended up taking up the trade, I was seduced by an aging watchmaker here in cornwall.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil