• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stuck Click Spring

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Has anyone got any idea how to get this little fekker out?
655d6b7260b693503ed25860ffa7010d.jpg

Sent from my CDY-NX9A using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is it just the spring or also the click? If just the spring maybe you could pry it out with a needle far enough to grab it with tweezers and then needle nosed pliers. Generic replacement springs can be found online.

Last edited:

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Is it just the spring or also the click? If just the spring maybe you could pry it out with a needle far enough to grab it with tweezers and then needle nosed pliers. Generic replacement springs can be found online.
No its just the click, there's no spring there. I was having trouble fitting it with the spring in place but it wouldn't go so tried it without the spring and it slipped in and got itself stuck fast! Its a noob click stuck in an arf case.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

MikeWatchMuc

Renowned Member
31/7/15
Press a Hot glue stick the click, let it cool down and pull it out (hopefully together with the click)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No its just the click, there's no spring there. I was having trouble fitting it with the spring in place but it wouldn't go so tried it without the spring and it slipped in and got itself stuck fast! Its a noob click stuck in an arf case.

Try super gluing a small gauge solid wire onto the top of the click. If that won't pull it out, with the wire still glued on stick it in the freezer for a few hours, the click should contract some. Add some WD-40 if still stubborn. Acetone soaking will remove any gluing you do.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
maybe put it face down in a ultra sonic cleaner ( after stripping the watch ) it might work itself out that way

Reactions: KJ2020

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Thanx everyone, got some solid things to try.
I've already got some wd40 in there, I'll start with the glue stick ideas then work my way down the list.
I'll keep you all posted.

Reactions: KJ2020

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Glue stick is a fail. Tried a few times, last attempt i formed the glue stick to a point to make sure it was covering the click.
I think it would work on one that isn't as tight as this one seems to be.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Geez. I am having same issue here. But it is the ball and then spring stuck inside a hole. And it is a v6s sub case. Fml.....

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Geez. I am having same issue here. But it is the ball and then spring stuck inside a hole. And it is a v6s sub case. Fml.....
I've got an ultrasonic cleaner on the way, as I've tried the other suggestions above.

I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: up2wind

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Maybe long shoot and not the best idea but you could try to drill a hole in the middle and try to catch it with some kind of "hook" made from a wire or something

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Maybe long shoot and not the best idea but you could try to drill a hole in the middle and try to catch it with some kind of "hook" made from a wire or something
What size of drill bit would you recommend for such a long shot Pal?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
What size of drill bit would you recommend for such a long shot Pal?

The size of my red dot :D i can suggest something when have a watch with bezel taken off (i don't have any ceramics on my bench today)

I don't think it will affect any operation of the click if done correctly and you could have more grabbing power that way

Reactions: fredflintstone

fredflintstone

5/4/20
I'll have to have look in my tool box, I have some really small, needle sized ones in there somewhere.
I'm still waiting on my ultrasonic cleaner to turn up 1st though. Suppose I'm lucky its this one, in that it could possibly be drilled.

Reactions: Oascom

fredflintstone

5/4/20
you know, your picture looks like there is a burr on the corner break, maybe that is an issue?
That looks worse than it is, its from the tiny needle i used to try and lift it out. It wasn't there before it got itself stuck in there.