• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stem doesn't go into time setting position

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Hi guys!

How is everyone doing?

Well I think I wrecked something doesn't this build today (again...)

I was fitting the stem because it was too long and after 3 or 4 takes the stem felt kinda stuck... I couldn't get it in timesetting position anymore?? I can click whatever I want but I needed to out that much force that i was afraid of breaking it..

When I push the stem button it releases. But also when I put it entirely it doesn't give me the winding position. When I try to turn it its almost changing the date but the sound hurts my heart ..

Did I wreck the keyless or did it so something else, and what did I do to wreck it ??

And.... Is there a quick fix or do I need to take everything appart

( Strapped it on because I was ready to give up, needed some inspiration xD )

Thanks folks !!

rcyannis

Horology Curious
26/5/20
Vermont, USA
Hi guys!

How is everyone doing?

Well I think I wrecked something doesn't this build today (again...)

I was fitting the stem because it was too long and after 3 or 4 takes the stem felt kinda stuck... I couldn't get it in timesetting position anymore?? I can click whatever I want but I needed to out that much force that i was afraid of breaking it..

When I push the stem button it releases. But also when I put it entirely it doesn't give me the winding position. When I try to turn it its almost changing the date but the sound hurts my heart ..

Did I wreck the keyless or did it so something else, and what did I do to wreck it ??

And.... Is there a quick fix or do I need to take everything appart
Znb7K1.jpg
ZnbE9j.jpg

( Strapped it on because I was ready to give up, needed some inspiration xD )

Thanks folks !!

I've done this a number of times with the exact same senario (stem was too long, took it out to trim it, only calendar flip works, etc. In this case it sounds like the keyless works has an issue. How to avoid this is to ensure that the stem is fully clicked out when removing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voo-doo

Voo-doo

22/7/19
I've done this a number of times with the exact same senario (stem was too long, took it out to trim it, only calendar flip works, etc. In this case it sounds like the keyless works has an issue. How to avoid this is to ensure that the stem is fully clicked out when removing it.

Ah right. Thanks ! I'm fighting itnas we speak. Opened it up and am trying to repositioning the thingy. But it's damn hard to keep it on the yoke spring loaded and put the wheel and stem back.

This fight is a big lesson for me haha. Will never forget to pull it back

Hope I manage to fix it !

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
First, make sure you remove stem in time setting position on an ETA2836.
Sounds like you’re working on reseting the keyless works. I recommend using a sharpened piece of peg wood in one hand to steady the spring as you manipulate it into position with tweezers with the other. I move spring in to place while simultaneously applying pressure to the yoke with my tweezers. All of this combined keeps spring and yoke in place. For this I usually stabilize the spring against the main plate and position into place with moving part.
Good luck.

Reactions: Voo-doo