• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 126610 losing time

Doglover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/20
Hi all! Received my new vsf LV last Wednesday. Put it on and wore it till Sunday. Kept great time. Monday morning and came to work and took off and put in car. After I p hours off the wrist it lost 5 minutes. Same thing yesterday. And just went check at lunch today and the same issue. Planning on sending it to get serviced. Any ideas on if this a easy fix or is this something serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Why are you driving to work with it but leaving it in the car? Oh yea a service would help this.

Reactions: Doglover

Doglover

17/4/20
Why are you driving to work with it but leaving it in the car? Oh yea a service would help this.

Lol I work in a machine shop and have been cutting a lot of messy metal lately. Well that’s good news! Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: macarone

Doglover

17/4/20

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
When a watch is magnetized it runs too fast, not too slow. So it would gain a few minutes.

moonspell

Known Member
20/11/09
When a watch is magnetized it runs too fast, not too slow. So it would gain a few minutes.

I respect your experience, I'm also here to learn but I am currently studying in watchmaking manuals. In my manual (it's in Italian, which is this one: Davide Munaretto, Orologeria - Manuale di riparazione e restauro dalla teoria alla pratica, the author of the manual also has his own website here: http://www.dmorologeria.com/ ) on page 499 about magnetization it says they can go forward or backward.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Are you sure it is a VR?

I have run in to similar issues with a SH. Losing EXACTLY 5 mins. No matter how I adjust it, it loses 5mins. If you shake it hard, does the min hand move? If so, either your min hand is slipping because the pinion got smaller over time for some reason or a gear tooth broke/bent on the min gear. Hell, it could be based on temperature being it’s just a thin brass tube.

Mine was the min canon pinion got smaller (no idea how). If I had to guess, it would most likely was due to removing and resetting the hands a few times. You can fix it but It’s a pain in the ass and most likely will mess up. Even then, it may slip eventually. I’d just get a VR3135 and replace it.

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
About magnetization it says they can go forward or backward.

Generally the watch runs faster because when magnetized the spiral (balance hair spring) sticks with itself.
This reduce the size of the spiral and, as a result, the balance spins faster and the watch gain time.

Reactions: miscusi