• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second best datejust case?

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Hi guys,

I have completed my first Date 1500 build and will be doing one again soon because I have a spare case and a dial on the way.

Actually I wanted to do a 5digit DJ build by this time (16014, 16013, 16030 etc) but I have a hard time finding a gen DJ case on the bay the seem polished to hell or incredibly expensive like 2k,ish....

While I'm still watching the bay almost every day for a gen case I wondered if there was a second best option?

The only one I know is the Raffles case. Is it any good and will it accept gen parts like the crown and the bezel?

Tried the search but haven't found anything. Hope to hear your DJ tips!

P.s. feel free to share your MI5 Sourcing tips for finding a gen ;)

Happy holidays

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Hi guys,

I have completed my first Date 1500 build and will be doing one again soon because I have a spare case and a dial on the way.

Actually I wanted to do a 5digit DJ build by this time (16014, 16013, 16030 etc) but I have a hard time finding a gen DJ case on the bay the seem polished to hell or incredibly expensive like 2k,ish....

While I'm still watching the bay almost every day for a gen case I wondered if there was a second best option?

The only one I know is the Raffles case. Is it any good and will it accept gen parts like the crown and the bezel?

Tried the search but haven't found anything. Hope to hear your DJ tips!

P.s. feel free to share your MI5 Sourcing tips for finding a gen ;)

Happy holidays

Get the modern DJ case and mod the case. That’s my plan anyway.

Get one with a clone 3135.
Sand the rehaut engravings odd.
Drill lug holes.
Put a gen dial and gen datewheel.
Gen tube and crown.
Possibly gen hands. Or just relume and fauxtina.
Done.

Should cost roughly $1400 or so. Depending on which dial you are using.
:)

Good luck with your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Voo-doo

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Get the modern DJ case and mod the case. That’s my plan anyway.

Get one with a clone 3135.
Sand the rehaut engravings odd.
Drill lug holes.
Put a gen dial and gen datewheel.
Gen tube and crown.
Possibly gen hands. Or just relume and fauxtina.
Done.

Should cost roughly $1400 or so. Depending on which dial you are using.
:)

Good luck with your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah those damn cases are expensive ???? I ordered a raffles twotone case and will be assembling it when everything is in! When it is assembled I will be searching for a gen case on the side, low profile. So it is no priority but when I find one I will jump right on it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk