• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strange issue with time set position/keyless , ETA 2836

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Have a strange problem with a 2836 clone , Had the movment out and when i fitted it back thought i had dislodged the keyless as the time set position didnt work just span with no resistance. So stripped and reset it but still the same , By chance I pulled the stem a bit more and it clicked and would set the time , Its as though the time set position isnt engaging unless you really pull the crown hard out , it works but not ideal but cannot see what would cause this , anyone had this before ? Im sure I had the same in the past and was forced to leave it like that.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I have seen similar issues...I am chasing one right now. In my case the setting lever and setting lever jumper would not completly go into the time setting position...only partially. I think the nub on the setting lever that goes into the stem groove was a little small in terms of height and would disengage the stem when you pulled on it hard to get to the time setting function. I replaced it and all seems well...at least for now.

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
What Specter1000 said is correct. It is not uncommon to have keyless issues with the 28xx movements. Replacing certain if not the whole keyless part is the way to go sometimes. Could be that a tiny piece has been chipped or bent on one or more of the keyless. Only way to find out is with a microscope and a good part to compare it to.

In my experience, the keyless parts on Asian clones all have a slightly different dimensions and sizes. This makes a certain combination of keyless parts work with eachother while not working with others.

Reactions: mp1mancini