• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bergeon mainspring winder for 3035

Dralkan

Known Member
15/7/20
US - East
Hey everyone i have a bergeon #7 winder barrel + arbor for 2824, 2836 etc and i was wondering if it would work for a 3035 mainspring. I have a new VRF 3035 movement coming in that i would like to service and I'm having a hard time finding online what diameter the winder arbor needs to properly fit a 3035 mainspring. From what ive seen the 2824 barrel is similar to a 3035 barrel and the #7 winder may work? I would prefer not to spend 150+ dollars for another caliber specific winder barrel + arbor. If anyone has some words of wisdom i would greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: s.orologiaio

s.orologiaio

19/7/17
Hey everyone i have a bergeon #7 winder barrel + arbor for 2824, 2836 etc and i was wondering if it would work for a 3035 mainspring. I have a new VRF 3035 movement coming in that i would like to service and I'm having a hard time finding online what diameter the winder arbor needs to properly fit a 3035 mainspring. From what ive seen the 2824 barrel is similar to a 3035 barrel and the #7 winder may work? I would prefer not to spend 150+ dollars for another caliber specific winder barrel + arbor. If anyone has some words of wisdom i would greatly appreciate it!

I suggest you to wind it by hand. Mainspring winder are completely useless imho. 3135 mainspring is 55mm longer and barrel is 0.7mm wider than eta, the risk is to need too much strength to wind it in the tool.. 3135 mainspring is very easy to hand-Wind, while the 2824s are harder in the ending bridle..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Dralkan

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I suggest you to wind it by hand. Mainspring winder are completely useless imho. 3135 mainspring is 55mm longer and barrel is 0.7mm wider than eta, the risk is to need too much strength to wind it in the tool.. 3135 mainspring is very easy to hand-Wind, while the 2824s are harder in the ending bridle..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Please dont hand wind your mainspring.

s.orologiaio

19/7/17
Please dont hand wind your mainspring.

I was learnt to do it. Every watchmaker has its estrapade kit of course, but it takes too much time to prepare every time. I can ensure that after years of practice you can reach a sensitivity and skill to have a perfect fitting with no bends or marks. I personally use winder only for some strange and delicate mainsprings, like ultra-thin vintage Jaeger le Coultre mainsprings (0.6mm height). Of course for a hobbyist watchmaker it’s better to replace mainspring with a new one-already wound, or get the tool, but it’s very expensive I remember