• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

rotor play?

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
hello, here is a video of some play of the rotor. does this look normal to you, acceptable? or should this be fixed and if so, how? I also have a similar play in a Parnis power reserve, but more movement... link to short vid: https://youtu.be/bZGK04_xj8Q

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The first thoughts that come to my mind, You should not be tugging on the rotor like that and you should not have the watch running while you have the case back off. Let me ask you these questions.... When you wear the watch is the rotor keeping it charged? When you first pick up the watch and shake it does the watch start running on its own or do you have to manually wind it? That's a lower end movement in that watch so there's probably nothing worthwhile to be done to it if it's functioning as expected. remember the tolerances that the Chinese build things to is not as exact as your Swiss counterpart. Good enough is a term that could often be applied to the level of workmanship in replicas.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadpan and miscusi