• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer II hour hand not lining up.

Remborader

Known Member
2/11/19
UK
Hi all,
I've had this Explorer II now for around about 6 months and never worn it because the hour hand does line up correctly. I assume its something to do with the stack? I cannot remember the factory maker but i bought it from puretime. Any clues how a watch novice like me can get it to line up correctly?? Cheers R

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi all,
I've had this Explorer II now for around about 6 months and never worn it because the hour hand does line up correctly. I assume its something to do with the stack? I cannot remember the factory maker but i bought it from puretime. Any clues how a watch novice like me can get it to line up correctly?? Cheers R

Getting all the hands on a rep GMT to line up and sync can be pretty challenging. There is some play in the gears (lead and lag) so even if the hands are pressed perfectly by eye, as soon as you move the hands a gear may advance a little before the hand starts to move and the sync to a bezel or dial marker may be off. I have done dozens of these and still sometimes have to remove and re-press one or more hands multiple times before it stays perfectly aligned and synched. Every hand removal and replacement risks damage to the hand(s) and the dial. A novice should not attempt this type of correction, there are too many potential pitfalls that can arise. Best to send it to a capable watchmaker or modder.

Remborader

Known Member
2/11/19
UK
Ok many thanks for the advice. Do you think someone would buy this in the sellers section? Obviously I would detail the fault in the listing.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok many thanks for the advice. Do you think someone would buy this in the sellers section? Obviously I would detail the fault in the listing.

Sure, it would sell. Someone looking for one who can do it themselves would be interested. You should discount it about $35. It can easily run that or more especially if shipping both ways to a modder is added in.