• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ETA 2834-2 : date does'nt flip

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Hi everyone,

I recently got an Omega Ploprof V1.5, the one that came with the ETA 2834-2.

The date can be set normally, directly on date set position or via time set position, but does not flip by itself once the movement is in function.

Any clue? I like to work my watches, so I'd like to get inputs to know if I can dig in such a problem myself.

Thank you all
5a70e4ef27c0e00241e8fbbd09c3df2c.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi everyone,

The date can be set normally, directly on date set position or via time set position, but does not flip by itself once the movement is in function.

I would start by cleaning the calendar driving wheel bro. If you can change the date manually, the parts on the right side of the watch (dial up) are OK. If a good cleaning does not improve the part's functioning then I would try replacing it.

https://youtu.be/tgkNOXWelPM

https://www.eternaltools.com/blog/sw...movement-parts

Last edited:

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Before you purchase any part, take the movement out. Remove the dial and hands and visually inspect the mechanisms on the dial side. It's odd that its able to change dates by turning the hands but not by itself. I suspect the calender wheel not having enough power to change the date, could be broken spring inside it.

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
That's what I call working as a team, thank you all.
I'll look into it and give feedback of what I find.

Cheers.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Dralkan

Dralkan

Known Member
15/7/20
US - East
uncase the movement remove hands and dial. you should be able to see what the problem is pretty quickly