• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Waterproof tester

jkingiii

Gold Patron
Certified
15/10/19
Texas
The tester is modified with 1/2 by 13 stainless high tensile rods all the way through along with stainless high strength nuts and functional to 6kpsi. Had a minor leak on first test but resolved with 1500 ft lb impact. Second test held 6k for well over a minute with no loss of pressure or signs of other issues. So I decided to test my cheap seamaster professional rated at 2000 ft which converts to 867 psi. I uncased the movement and replaced all the orings then tested it in a standard 10 bar tester which it passed. In my deep water tester the crystal (probably glass) failed at 650 psi along with the case back crushing in. This leads me to the conclusion any watch I try to test to oem depths will have to have gen crystal and case back. Now not only high end shops or manufacturers can test to rated depths. I'm now going on the hunt for gen parts for my hulk. Then on to next project, building automated 6 station watch cleaning machine with rotation, agitation and ultrasonic.

Reactions: Complete and Ex-ki

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
Reveal yourself James Cameron, what are you doing on a rep forum haha!

Nice tests ;)

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
holy shit buddy!

I dont think the problem resides with just the crystal and case backs on reps. I think its combination of low quality/not hardneded steel + average crystal gaskets + fake helium valve + average quality crown+gaskets is affecting the fail of your seamaster.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've previously had a TC v6 tester to and pass 40 ATM . It had a genuine crystal and crown, rest was rep. Under normal circumstances I don't think the case back is a cause for concern typically in a high quality replica watch from what the watchsmith who did the test told me.