• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Logixa's Works

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
Nautilus that didn't run from the moment the owner received it. Did a full service and it's now going strong!

I remember people were saying that the rubies were too red compared to Gen... Well now you know why.. They have been painted red.. From underneath :facepalm:

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Gen bracelet brushing. I try never to remove the deep scratches as it requires to remove a layer of steel. This will also remove a layer on the crown logo on the clasp and the square figures. It's a Rolex tool watch, it's never meant to look all new. This also keeps the value higher in comparison to a bracelet that has been rebrushed so many times that the logo is no longer easily seen anymore.

Could you please tell us the steps you do to get the bracelet brushed this way?
Which tools, machines are you using to get that result?

Thank you!

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
So. I was looking for a while now for a chronograph watch that needed to be 40mm or less. Requirement was a valjoux 7750 movement and not a standard movement with Dubois module on top of it. It also needed to have a different color subdial and preferable a blue dial as I love blue.

My eyes caught the maurice lacroix croneo models, especially the gold plated cases version as I already have a lot of steel case watches, so variance is welcome. I found a model that had a gold case, blue dial and white subdials. Loved it! Not cheap tho... And there was apparently 2 versions of the blue dial, 1 with normal white subdials and 1 with pearl white subdials, aka special edition. Guess what, the special edition costs more. Surprise, surprise..

So I found one on chrono24 after searching a couple of days and the pictures were horribly taken. No details.

It didn't cost that much so I just took the dive.
2 weeks later it arrived...

What... The.... Fuck...

IT'S THE SPECIAL EDITION!!!

The case was dull and the strap wasn't original, neither was it good looking. I ordered a new genuine maurice lacroix dark blue strap. Replaced the mineral glass as it had deep scratches. The movement was said to have been cleaned approx a year ago but on the timegrapher it ran horribly. 150 amplitude and like -300 seconds a day losing...

So I serviced the watch. The previous owner was right about the watch having been cleaned since all the parts were in nice clean condition. It's just that the servicing was not done properly.
So a service later and it had 300 Amp and ran +3 seconds or so :)

Now the story didn't end there. The new crystal that I installed had a shifload of reflections and caused the dial to be looking washed out, which is a shame for such a beautiful color blue and pearl.

Can't believe this is how it's suppose to look.. If you know me, then you know that I just can't handle anything below par.. Ocd? Dunno.
So ordered a new sapphire crystal. This time with a blue AR coating. The problem was that the crystal was not available in the size that I needed. 30mm where I needed 29.5mm. I thinned the crystal gasket a bit down to make it fit, and well, check out yourself:

Much better!

I'll probably get the case redone with new plating of 20 microns thick when the lock down is over here.

For now, I'll just enjoy it :) I seem to be taking it out of the box more often than my superfranken Daytona even

Reactions: MounMoun

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
Could you please tell us the steps you do to get the bracelet brushed this way?
Which tools, machines are you using to get that result?

Thank you!

It's done by using Bergeon 5444 abrasive blocks. These in 3 coarseness variations. I start with medium and finish with fine.

You hold the strap on the table and stroke with the block from left to right. Always only move the block in 1 way (left to right, or vice versa) otherwise you will not get the brushing to be straight. Go through the bracelet as a whole and each piece 1 by 1 and then the bracelet as a whole.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
It's done by using Bergeon 5444 abrasive blocks. These in 3 coarseness variations. I start with medium and finish with fine.

You hold the strap on the table and stroke with the block from left to right. Always only move the block in 1 way (left to right, or vice versa) otherwise you will not get the brushing to be straight. Go through the bracelet as a whole and each piece 1 by 1 and then the bracelet as a whole.

That‘s funny I have already ordered these blocks!
Hope I get the same result as on your pictures.
How long do this blocks last? I mean how many bracelets can be brushed with these 5444 blocks?
Thanks
Martin

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
No idea how long they last. I'm still on my first ones. I think they will last until theres no block left at all

Brammm

Supporter
Certified
14/9/15
Hi, didn't knew you where also on this forum.
Message to al the other forum members. I worked a few times with logixa.

Correct, honest, fast and not expensive at all... You can trust him for 200%!

Reactions: Logixa

Voo-doo

22/7/19

How do they compare with the garryflex blocks ?

Used them several times on metal bracelets looks quite oke but I should have went longer with the more coarse block probably. As you know by know , patience isn't one of my strengths :rolleyes:

This is the bracelet of the steinhart and the other is the miltat

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
Datejust build. Had to redo/change the following to make it work:
- sand down the leftover dial feet
- glue dial spacer to dial
- replace movement holders
- redo dwo, shave off the standard date print and leftover glue from owner
- redo several movement screws as they were placed in the wrong places
- redo keyless. A wrongly used screw was pushing from the other side against the keyless
- bend the hands a bit back

Reactions: MounMoun and KJ2020

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
You could try to polish out that scratch done by a seconds hand, it is plexi so should be easy

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
that scratch is on the dial itselfoascom unfortunately. caused by the hands being too low and dragging across the dial. The owner did not use a H4 converting kit for this build nor used elevated post hands

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
You could try to polish out that scratch done by a seconds hand, it is plexi so should be easy

just had this happen to me on my Rollie yachtmaster build, for the same reason...but my man Bosshau007 sent me a free dial arriving tomorrow!

Reactions: KJ2020

MounMoun

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/16
Read through the whole thread and absolutely amazed bij your work. I’m also located in NL so i know who my go too watchmaker will be since mine retired. Awesome work!

Reactions: Logixa