• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Logixa's Works

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Servicing vr3135, replaced the bottom plate of the auto bridge with one of a SH since those have an extra jewel, replaced 1 auto bridge gear to make it fit better to SH plate, replaced sliding pinion with, broken teeth, sharpie mod on bezel insert, replaced barrel and spring with generic Rolex barrel and spring since the Vr spring is very weak

Reactions: YellowFin

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Smallest and hardest movement I have ever worked on! Ridiculous small, made everything a lot harder.

Movement wouldn't wind or run anymore. Turns out to be a broken click spring, loose screw, barrel mainspring issue, broken crown, missing teeth on ratchet wheel. Replaced the parts and did a full service

Reactions: Ex-ki

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Smallest and hardest movement I have ever worked on! Ridiculous small, made everything a lot harder.

Movement wouldn't wind or run anymore. Turns out to be a broken click spring, loose screw, barrel mainspring issue, broken crown, missing teeth on ratchet wheel. Replaced the parts and did a full service

I didn't have mainspring winder this size and i did wound that mainspring by hand..... Never again.

Reactions: stufuse

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Could you please tell us what your "sharpie mod" for the bezel is?

ah yes the infamous sharpie mod. A secret that is held within the small community of watch masters for thousands of years. I simply cannot share the secret with just anybody..

OK fine, just don't tell anyone. Buy this silver pen called sharpie from anywhere online. Apply it to the bezel, and remove the excess in any way. Do this 1 or 2 times, depending on results. Now take something with a small point like a toothpick and work around the numbers of the bezel removing more of the sharpie that is not inside the bezel numbers to make things more sharp. I always do the last part under a microscope.

Again, sssht! Don't tell! Otherwise I have to kill you..

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Gen bracelet brushing. I try never to remove the deep scratches as it requires to remove a layer of steel. This will also remove a layer on the crown logo on the clasp and the square figures. It's a Rolex tool watch, it's never meant to look all new. This also keeps the value higher in comparison to a bracelet that has been rebrushed so many times that the logo is no longer easily seen anymore.

Reactions: mp1mancini

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Tudor build in a Vietnam case. Replace the dial, changed a part of the keyless to make it a 2 position crown instead of 3, placed hands and greased the dry gaskets

Reactions: Ex-ki

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Gen bracelet brushing. I try never to remove the deep scratches as it requires to remove a layer of steel. This will also remove a layer on the crown logo on the clasp and the square figures. It's a Rolex tool watch, it's never meant to look all new. This also keeps the value higher in comparison to a bracelet that has been rebrushed so many times that the logo is no longer easily seen anymore.
.jpg[/img][/url]
nice work sir

Reactions: Logixa

mascob1

6/11/16
ah yes the infamous sharpie mod. A secret that is held within the small community of watch masters for thousands of years. I simply cannot share the secret with just anybody..

OK fine, just don't tell anyone. Buy this silver pen called sharpie from anywhere online. Apply it to the bezel, and remove the excess in any way. Do this 1 or 2 times, depending on results. Now take something with a small point like a toothpick and work around the numbers of the bezel removing more of the sharpie that is not inside the bezel numbers to make things more sharp. I always do the last part under a microscope.

Again, sssht! Don't tell! Otherwise I have to kill you..

Whaou, I read all this thread, your work is amazing ! You're really talented...and in UE !
But infortunately you have shared the " Sharpie Mod"...Mr Sharpie gave me a contract on your head...:cool::lol3:

Reactions: Logixa

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Mate, just fyi, you should consider loading lower res photos (or opening separate threads) because as much as I'd like to follow your development, it takes about 15 hours to open your thread on an iPhone (even on fast internet).

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
Good point. How do I do that? My mobile phone shoots with 12M at its lowest and these are the lowest resolution ones. Otherwise it's 48M.

Got any tips?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I have no issue loading the pics here, but an idea would be to use a online jpg compressor before uploading them to Clickpix.

Daddy got a new toy!

And daddy choose to illustrate the new toy by putting a case with a movement inside it or is it your new testing method to check for time keeping after a while, gotta love a nice 1200 rpm spinning cycle torture test ! :rofl:

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
What do you mean this is not the correct torture test?

Haha, all jokes aside, I will use this movement to place arf Daytona dial on it for shaving. The movement will keep it in the middle and sturdy during the shaving.