• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor BB58 bezel construction pictures

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
To whom it may concern, this is how the construction of the zf BB58 bezel is.

4 clickspring of which 1 has a triangle head, no balls on them like rolex
1 steel container ring that keeps the 4 springs down
1 nylon gasket that sits between the bezel
1 bezel
1 bezel insert that seems to be clicked and glued

I removed the bezel quitte easily with a special bezel removal tool. A knife would probably work too. Bezel insert can be removed by putting something in between the insert and bezel and then turning around.

In order to put the bezel back on the case you will need a crystal press. I couldn't manage to press it back on again with my hands, had to use press. Make sure the nylon ring is back in the bezel before placing the bezel back.

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
You can see my bezel removal tool on the top right of 1 of the pictures (red handle)

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
You can put the bezel back without using a crystal press. To do this you have to put the white gasket inside the bezel before press it onto the case.

Is the insert glued on the bezel? Looks like it's not?
I wanted to wash the bezel with my ultrasonic cleaner but I didn't manage to separate the insert from the bezel.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahungslos

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
The insert has one of those adhesive rings underneath it. When I placed the insert back I noticed that it also snapped back into it. In theory, only the snapping part should be enough to hold the insert

Reactions: KJ2020

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Sorry for reviving an old thread but I've just bought a ZF BB58 blue and the bezel feel is terrible.

The bezel is about 1mm above the case so feels very 'spongy' in use.
20210126-192906.jpg

I've not seen this issue specifically mentioned on the main bb58 thread (though others have mentioned play in the bezel). Is this likely to be an manufacturing issue (and unfixable) or could it be caused by something like the nylon gasket being worn or damaged?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
All watches with a turning bezel should have some gap between the bezel and case. Otherwise it would not turn or scratch the case when turned.

Plus these are reps, some batches "feel" better than others

Reactions: Parto

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sorry for reviving an old thread but I've just bought a ZF BB58 blue and the bezel feel is terrible.

20210126-192906.jpg

I've not seen this issue specifically mentioned on the main bb58 thread (though others have mentioned play in the bezel). Is this likely to be an manufacturing issue (and unfixable) or could it be caused by something like the nylon gasket being worn or damaged?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That looks way wrong to me bro, I would not be happy with that at all. You can see more of the crystal on the right side so the bezel looks tilted. If it were mine I would take it apart and see if the bezel gasket was seated improperly or damaged or if some other parts were askew. Be very careful not to damage anything further. Rep bezel gaskets are next to impossible to source on Rolex models, probably the same for Tudor. I've used fishline a few times, others have 3D printed gaskets in a pinch.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
The nylon ring is by the way "v" shaped, 90 degree angle

I've removed the bezel and the nylon ring looks L shaped to me. Is this the correct nylon ring?
20210127-110035.jpg

The ring was loose in the bezel assembly so, if it is the correct gasket, should it be installed with the v or L stepped face aginst the bezel (I assume) or the case?

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area

I own several ZF reps and all their bezels have a sloppy feel, probably my only complaint about ZF....But...my BB58 is different. Tight, nice clicks and absolutely great. Hopefully you can fix yours.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Success, reinstalled the bezel and the feel is much improved looks to be seated much better. Thanks Logixa your photos really helped and Ex-ki tip on installing the nylon gasket on the bezel made life much easier.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Ex-ki

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
You're welcome.
It took me several minutes to find this technique. Once you know this trick, the BB58 bezel is much easier to put back.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

tanjeros

Looking Around
2/1/20
You can put the bezel back without using a crystal press. To do this you have to put the white gasket inside the bezel before press it onto the case.

I wanted to wash the bezel with my ultrasonic cleaner but I didn't manage to separate the insert from the bezel.

Well, thank to you! I have tried for hours before i read your comment!

mrbrown0916

Certified
24/1/15

Can you provide some direction on getting the gasket back into the bezel? Mine continues to 'pop out?'

Reactions: KingJames

KingJames

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/21
Planet Earth
hello, I have a ZF BB58 (ar 8months) and the bezel is just sh…

It pops out of the watch!! Any idea how I can fix this issue? I noticed that there is just one little spring and not 3x (any idea where I can get those?)

+ the one with the triangle head (9h position)

Thx