• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer II 216570 Noob CHS A3187

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You will probably need gen hands. No factory has put this model out with a true clone movement yet. So no factory rep hands are available and I've never seen aftermarket gen-spec ones.

You will need a custom movement spacer. The movements are quite different in diameter. There is plenty of space in the case for a VR3185. But again, this model hasn't been repped with this movement so there won't be any stock holders anywhere.

The movement will come with a stem, just swap your crown onto it.

The stem heights of the movements are different so there may be some vertical pressure on the stem. Removing the gasket from the tube can help alleviate this issue if present.

Generally speaking you are better off not trying to fit a movement to a case it wasn't made for. Your movement is a modified 2824 CHS timebomb in a 2836 case. Normally I would advise just swapping to a 2836 ICHS but you will still run into a problem finding hands for it as the GMT and hour hands are not interchangeable.

Swap CHS to ICHS

KeesKnakworst

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
You will probably need gen hands. No factory has put this model out with a true clone movement yet. So no factory rep hands are available and I've never seen aftermarket gen-spec ones.

You will need a custom movement spacer. The movements are quite different in diameter. There is plenty of space in the case for a VR3185. But again, this model hasn't been repped with this movement so there won't be any stock holders anywhere.

The movement will come with a stem, just swap your crown onto it.

The stem heights of the movements are different so there may be some vertical pressure on the stem. Removing the gasket from the tube can help alleviate this issue if present.

Generally speaking you are better off not trying to fit a movement to a case it wasn't made for. Your movement is a modified 2824 CHS timebomb in a 2836 case. Normally I would advise just swapping to a 2836 ICHS but you will still run into a problem finding hands for it as the GMT and hour hands are not interchangeable.

Swap CHS to ICHS

Thanks! In that case the ICHS swap sounds like a more viable option.. I have just asked you a question about this in another thread but had not seen this reply yet, my apologies. Do you have any clue as to where I could find hands that would fit the ICHS?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks! In that case the ICHS swap sounds like a more viable option.. I have just asked you a question about this in another thread but had not seen this reply yet, my apologies. Do you have any clue as to where I could find hands that would fit the ICHS?

Only place I've ever seen them is in a factory 2836 ICHS rep. You can get handsets from TDs but the ICHS 6 digit GMTs and Explorers are rapidly going out of production and will soon be unavailable. I think BP still makes one. All TDs can get parts. Their willingness to do so can depend on your established relationship with one and the size of your order. Buy a watch and "Oh I need these hands too". Try Ryan at Intime or Li at Jtimewatch.

Reactions: KeesKnakworst

Wolex

7/2/20
Great info guys! And agree both Ryan and Li are helpful.. though I find Li offered me better service in the past . all the best