• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any Trusted Rep Modding Companies?

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
I have heard HORRIBLE things about ABD. But are there any groups similar to ABD that can mod watches for you? Im talking simple things like AR coatings but also expensive things like custom diamond bezels and things like that.

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
Not ‘companies’ that I’m aware of in the way you describe, but there are individuals. I guess this hobby is much more (for me at least is what I appreciate) getting a base watch/ doing lots of reading and looking at images/ contacting some of the amazingly generous and knowledgable people on this forum/ doing more reading of threads/ finding some modified rep or gen pieces/ getting someone to mod your own watch/ adapt the pieces that you’ve purchased etc. There are highly skilled watchsmiths and modders on this forum that can undertake a range of work. Gold plating/ turning new parts on a lathe/ ageing/ modding movements/ servicing etc. Etc. Having said that, there was some hints that something new was being looked at (look for a thread called ‘something big’, but whatever it is (and it may not be what you’re describing) is not ready at present.

What id suggest is looking here;

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-horologists

and here;

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...orting-vendors

and start looking at people’s work/ what mods are possible with the watch you have etc.

Last edited:

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Thank you for this! I’ll do a deep dive later tonight. Off the top of your head do you know any individual who does diamond setting?

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
No...but I’ve definitely seen it referred to in here. Probably depends on the watch, but a good ‘deep dive’ first, and then multiple searches etc. Should turn something up.