• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4130 issue with keyless

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Hi everyone

Here I am (again) with a keyless issue :

I just got a Noob Daytona with a detached coronet, and when replacing everything at the end the crown stem just didn't click in.
I'm kinda stuck and need help with these stem removing-replacing phases :

1. I pressed the release button but it did'nt dip in much, so I felt I had to pull a bit harder than usual before the crown came out. Is there a chance I went too hard and broke something (clutch)?

When I try to replace it, the stem does'nt lock in any position. When I play with it though, I can catch the hands and move them, but can't get the movement starting.

2. When replacing a stem in keyless, is it a simple push & click while playing with the crown? Or do we have to always press the release button again while pushing the stem back in? I remember Tripdog giving me this tip when I could'nt push the stem back in a 2824 a while ago. Today I tend to repeat that each time I work on 28xx, but is it the same with 4130?

Thank you all
c84757f73fb94340f8995e6bdb743ee2.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Oups, I guess I bypassed this thread when searching.
Huge thanx to you KJ2020 for pointing it!

Reactions: KJ2020

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You need to remove the stem in the winding position with that movement, if not you run the risk of the keyless works moving out of position.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
True, I removed the stem in time setting position, thinking it was the right thing to do as for 28xx movements. That'll teach me to start works without digging into the specifications of a movement I've never worked on. A new lesson in amateur watchsmithing I guess.

I'll follow the hints from red1's thread above and try to get the yoke back in place, and if I'm not confortable I might just send it to a forum's watchsmith. I hope I did'nt break something though.

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Quick update : I don't feel confortable playing with the 4130 keyless yet, so the watch flies to Johnny Depp for a full checkup.
Thank you all for your help ;-)

Reactions: CorinS89

CorinS89

Looking Around
3/9/22
Quick update : I don't feel confortable playing with the 4130 keyless yet, so the watch flies to Johnny Depp for a full checkup.
Thank you all for your help ;-)

Hi! I’m having the same problem. Did you manage to sort it out? Are you by any chance in the UK and found someone to help with this here?