• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16610 crystal and bezel install

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Hi,

Looking for some good reading material to help me build my 16610 case, need to fit crystal and bezel. Never done it before, case is ST so gen construction as is all bezel and crystal.

Can anybody help out?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Hi,

Looking for some good reading material to help me build my 16610 case, need to fit crystal and bezel. Never done it before, case is ST so gen construction as is all bezel and crystal.

Can anybody help out?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

You’re gonna have to do some work to get those crown guards to look less stubby.

Recess the crown tube area and re-tap it. You’ll get a better fit.

You may need a gen bezel ring. I’ve heard that the ST bezel ring doesn’t snap fit gen inserts without sanding them down. That’s a big no no for me. Never sand a gen insert. Hell, never sand a gen anything imo. They do have great cases though. Completely gen spec except the damn crown guards. Argh!

Been reshaping mine for a while but not daily. Just haven’t had the time.

Get a good quality tube too. Clark’s and other cheap ones tend to snap if you screw down too much. Yep. Learned that the hard way.

Good luck with your build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
You ever get this figured out?
The bezel/crystal should fit in this order.

Crystal gasket (2.3mm I think. May need to look this up for verification).

Then crystal on to of the gasket.

Grease the O ring that goes in the underside of the retaining ring and install that.

The retaining ring pressure fits so you’re going to have to get a press or if you’re on a budget, go to a hardware store.

Plumbing section. Take the retaining ring with you). Put some plastic pipes around the retaining ring and see which one fits best. Cut that in to a manageable height. Put masking tape on the edge of the pipe that’s gonna go over the retaining ring.

Put the case with the crystal and gasket and the retaining ring over it as straight as you can. Push the retaining ring down with your hands as much as you can. After that put everything on a sturdy surface. Put the PVC pipe over the retaining ring and push down.

If that isn’t enough pressure to get it flushed to the case, get a C clamp and 2 blocks of wood (one for each side of the clamp). I’m sure you can see where I’m going with this one.

Then the tension washer/spring goes on top of the retaining ring. Click spring obviously goes where the hole is.

The bezel ring (no insert yet), I usually put the ring where the click spring is first and get that in the groove and pull downward until you hear a snap.

Now everything is where it should be.

Line the insert up at 12 and push it down on the the 30min marker and slide your thumbs up over to the 12 marker. It should snap in but I always run my thumbs back over while pushing down Incase it didn’t snap in.

Now you are all set!

Good luck with your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020