• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First try at hand lume painting /question

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
Hello,

I did my first lume painting try on an old hand and this was the result.

I would like to know why the paint moves to the metal part of the hand instead of staying in the middle. I did apply the paint from the back as it should be.

Was my paint too liquid?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Too liquid I suspect. Did you have the hand sitting face down on a surface? That will do it as well, the hand should be on a piece of pegwood or a skewer.

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
Too liquid I suspect. Did you have the hand sitting face down on a surface? That will do it as well, the hand should be on a piece of pegwood or a skewer.

Thank you, I will try again with less binder. Hands were face down on a toothpick when I applied the lume.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
There are a lot of videos out there, I would check them out. When covering a large surface run the bead around the entire edge first then let the surface tension hold it all together as you fill the remainder.

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
There are a lot of videos out there, I would check them out. When covering a large surface run the bead around the entire edge first then let the surface tension hold it all together as you fill the remainder.

Good tip, I will look at those videos again.