Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First try at hand lume painting /question

Hello,

I did my first lume painting try on an old hand and this was the result.

I would like to know why the paint moves to the metal part of the hand instead of staying in the middle. I did apply the paint from the back as it should be.

Was my paint too liquid?

Being a gentleman is not only about the watch you wear.

Too liquid I suspect. Did you have the hand sitting face down on a surface? That will do it as well, the hand should be on a piece of pegwood or a skewer.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
      Too liquid I suspect. Did you have the hand sitting face down on a surface? That will do it as well, the hand should be on a piece of pegwood or a skewer.
      Thank you, I will try again with less binder. Hands were face down on a toothpick when I applied the lume.

Comment

There are a lot of videos out there, I would check them out. When covering a large surface run the bead around the entire edge first then let the surface tension hold it all together as you fill the remainder.

Comment

Originally posted by Specter1000 View Post
          There are a lot of videos out there, I would check them out. When covering a large surface run the bead around the entire edge first then let the surface tension hold it all together as you fill the remainder.
          Good tip, I will look at those videos again.

Comment

Working...
          X