• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watchmaker tool list for beginners

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Would you mind to edit your quote to exclude the whole original post?
you certainly don't need to quote whole post to show your gratitude to Oascom, it don't help other forumer to browse here too.
Appreciate your action, thank you.

How do you do this? I just pressed quote and this is how it comes.

maybe im doing something wrong

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
How do you do this? I just pressed quote and this is how it comes.

maybe im doing something wrong

Now, you can go back to your post, and edit away the whole post, anything between the 2 [/QUOTE].[/QUOTE] , leaving whatever point that you want to relate in your quote only..
or actually, you could just express your gratitude to oascom by typing, needless to quote his post..
​​​​​​​Cheers mate.
A​​​​​​​nd many thanks to oascom for the knowledge! Congrats to your new status too!

Goon3r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
UK
This is a really great list thank you!

Recently bought the bergeon barcelet block, didnt double check.. bought the one with larger slots, will have to see on tuesday wether it fits my watch!

Next tool on my shopping list is a case back opener, maybe for just looking.. steering clear of movement work for the time being!

Reactions: Oascom

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Just erase the pictures link and what you don't need in your quote. That would be really more comfortable to read/scroll. Thanks!

Thanks man I’ll remember it for next time

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Huge thank you for this list.

Luckily I made some decent (yet novice) decisions prior to finding these forums and happened to purchase some of the items on your list ... I will try and pick up the ones I am missing. I can attest that the Bergeron $150 tweezers are so sexy. Make removal a breeze. I have the pullers for the watch hands, but think I definitely need to add the levers as well - the one time I removed hands with the puller alone didn’t go as smoothly as I’d have liked. As of now I’m too scared to take my movements apart to oil them lol. Maybe one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applewatchenthusiast

17/1/20
Thanks alot! Just placed an order. I can recommend CousinsUK for the EU-residents. It's quite similar to Esslinger.

moretto

14/6/15
really interesting and useful for those like me who want to start making some small mod

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
What's sharpening stone used for ?

It’s extremely helpful for all screw drivers - especially the small (0.8mm) screw driver as the tip easily gets “bent” during use due to its small size. The sharpener lets you make it good as new again. Much more cost effective to keep sharpening vs buying a new one. I would have went through 10 screw drivers in 15 minutes the other day if it wasn’t for my sharpener.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
It’s extremely helpful for all screw drivers - especially the small (0.8mm) screw driver as the tip easily gets “bent” during use due to its small size. The sharpener lets you make it good as new again. Much more cost effective to keep sharpening vs buying a new one. I would have went through 10 screw drivers in 15 minutes the other day if it wasn’t for my sharpener.

;)

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
[mention]oascom [/mention] if I’m looking to remove Rolex Daytona and Rolex GMT bezel/crystals would you recommend adding these tools to my bench?

Bezel remover:
https://www.esslinger.com/horotec-watch-bezel-remover-tool/

Crystal remover:
https://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-4266-watch-crystal-remover-tool-crystal-lift-10-mm-to-45-mm/

Basically I’m looking for quality tools that will help me with the process while minimizing risk of damaging the watch. Any other recommendations?

P.S. I’m also working on finishing the ceramic insert removal mod you shared using my dremel and watch press :)

The knowledge you’ve shared has been much appreciated thus far!