• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Learning the basics. Rolex osyter bracelet link removal.

Goon3r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
UK
Cheers Dr Fun Socks i've already got the 1.6mm horotec 'parallel blade' in my basket. With this being the first time im going to try something like this, i thought it best i buy somethign that will give me maximum purchase

Goon3r

19/4/20
UK
I have tools :D

Still waiting on the delivery of some Loctite 222 and a spring bar tool.

I may try and adjust the bracelet now for practice, can always remove the screws i've taken out again to apply the threadlocker.

Goon3r

19/4/20
UK
My test run on the old beaten up broken GMT i have went pretty well.

Straight away i've found those tweezers to come in very handy, it's one thing getting the link screws out of the thread another completely getting them out the bracelet!

Goon3r

19/4/20
UK
Just had a look on cousins, blades will cost me about half the price of a new screwdriver.

If its something i find a need for i might consider it, i think for different sizes, initally atleast.. ill buy the full screwdriver so i get the different coloured tops, im ocd like that!

Goon3r

19/4/20
UK
Another update from me, initial link removal wen fine on the ARF.

Still a bit loose, so waiting on a spring bar tool to make minor alterations to the barcelet soze without having to take out a second like.

Having already taken out two links and not being able to close the bracelet round my wrist i will have to reassess if the spring bar alteration doesntmake things right.

Goon3r

19/4/20
UK
Had another play.

Took out another link today, watch fits like a dream.

Process so far,
  • Removed link from 12 side
  • Removed link from 6 side
  • Applied threadlocked to removed and reinserted screws.
This has gone much better than i thought it would.

Thanks again for all the help and advice on tool choice.