This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rovin
    started a topic Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

Howdy folks,

Just had an A2824-2 (Omega) serviced and am now having an A2836-2 (Rolex) done.

The price?

$120!

Although that's with me giving him a movement removed from the case.

But he's rep friendly and an option for Aussies!!
    He's happy to do 'bolt on' mods and servicing, but not keen on luming or major modding. Only because of the time it takes and finding that most folks don't like hourly rates. But hey, call and talk to him - he's a nice guy.

David Keirs from Denel Jewellers
    1st Floor 12 Florence St, Hornsby NSW 2077

UPDATE:

Well folks. It's amazing what a bit of time will do. I can't recommend this jeweller anymore. Work has become sloppy and having to be done twice.
    The final straw, and the most recent was all brand new, sealed packet, genuine Omega parts to build a SHOM.
    After they have assembled these new parts, I now have a dented $1,100 case, damaged $280 dial and misaligned hands.

When I complained, I was treated like crap and told the parts (brand new and in sealed packs from Omega) were already damaged.
    I'd look elsewhere for any work needing to be done.

• mcn7710
    replied
    Originally posted by Replover88 View Post
    I’ve been recommended him, sent him a PM but no response as of yet.

I just need a dial fit and movement replaced in my GMT II and would rather not do it myself. (Who am I kidding, I took it apart but afraid to fit the new movement and dial LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just be patient and send him another PM. He always responds to mine. Took a bit of time some times.

Leave a comment:

• Replover88
    replied
    I’ve been recommended him, sent him a PM but no response as of yet.

I just need a dial fit and movement replaced in my GMT II and would rather not do it myself. (Who am I kidding, I took it apart but afraid to fit the new movement and dial LOL)

Leave a comment:

• mcn7710
    replied
    Originally posted by Replover88 View Post
    I'm looking around for someone in Sydney.. no luck as of yet.
    Ray [mention]BLK.W.EXPRESS [/mention] from Sydney mate. Just send him a PM.

Leave a comment:

• Replover88
    replied
    I'm looking around for someone in Sydney.. no luck as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• Number_Six
    replied
    I'll bump that - anyone in Brisbane?

Leave a comment:

• Crazynoob
    replied
    You guys recommend anyone in Brisbane ?

Leave a comment:

• marrickville
    replied
    Gents,

Apologies for the long radio silence. I thought I at least owe you guys an explanation.

As with many of us, the watch collecting is a hobby. I have a full time job and it can get very time consuming.

I have tried to respond to many inquires here but as you can imagine, some just stop responding after a while and when work gets busy, I rarely roam the forums. As a result, I now really only work with existing established members / customers. If you are serious about what what you need done, PM me with details around the work and your intention and I will see if I can assist.

I know this message is a little rough but i'm afraid I just don't have enough time so I hope the other watchmakers can assist with your inquiries.

Leave a comment:

• syd01
    replied
    Originally posted by marrickville View Post
    Hi all, apologies for my absence. Change of job recently has put me out of action for the last few months (have been traveling extensively). I intentionally didn't accept any jobs and cleared out existing orders in good time until now.

Don and others, can you please PM me again if you need work done? Back on the work bench. Apologies again. I'm sure Blacktown Express has been doing good work in the meantime.
    Hi Marrickville I’ve sent you a PM

Sent from the RWI App

Leave a comment:

• kkean
    replied
    Hi Guys,

I saw someone has mentioned "A Watch In Time" in Melbourne. Does anyone try him before? I am looking for a reliable modder to swap the A2836 with the ETA2836 in Melbourne.
    Please advise if you know one.

Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• JoePineapples
    replied
    Hi all. I’ve not seen my particular problem discussed anywhere, but in attempting to adjust the clasp on my noob explorer, the oysterlock mechanism has fallen apart. I have all the pieces, but it’s so complex I can’t work out how to reassemble it. Google has been no help. Any suggestions in Sydney? I’m central.

PM’d Mattravile but no reply yet.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Leave a comment:

• amshah
    replied
    Hi BLK.W.EXPRESS, sent you a PM.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• MrBeasy
    replied
    Ray is the man.

Leave a comment:

• linklocker
    replied
    Another vote for Ray BLK.W.EXPRESS , had a Miyota rotor silenced today and he did so on the spot. Could not be happier with the service and the result, I will definitely be going back to him again.

Leave a comment:

• vkhaa
    replied
    Originally posted by linklocker View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking for a Sydney based watchmaker, I tried to PM marrickville since he is pretty close to where I'm located but no reply so far, any other ways to contact him? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    He replied to PM once in blue moon (eg. 2-3 weeks). Frankly I don't think he is active.
    Would recommend Ray instead from BLK.W.EXPRESS, like other have recommended. Top notch service!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X