• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

Justcurious321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/18
BLK.W.EXPRESS

Thought it would be appropriate to update. I have had my watch back from Ray for a while now and honestly I am geniunely impressed with his service. Took about 2 weeks to get there and back and Ray even took a second look at the watch after I managed to bugger it a few days after I first received it - without charge. I offered to cover the return shipping but Ray said not to bother about it and that it was all part of his service.

The watch was a Noob Daytona V2 and I found his price quite reasonable for the movement. I have queried about prices for other movements and they all seem pretty good! Would strongly recommend.

Reactions: MrBeasy

vkhaa

11/3/19
Hi guys, I'm looking for a Sydney based watchmaker, I tried to PM marrickville since he is pretty close to where I'm located but no reply so far, any other ways to contact him? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

He replied to PM once in blue moon (eg. 2-3 weeks). Frankly I don't think he is active.
Would recommend Ray instead from BLK.W.EXPRESS, like other have recommended. Top notch service!

linklocker

Horology Curious
29/7/19
Another vote for Ray BLK.W.EXPRESS , had a Miyota rotor silenced today and he did so on the spot. Could not be happier with the service and the result, I will definitely be going back to him again.

JoePineapples

22/10/17
Hi all. I’ve not seen my particular problem discussed anywhere, but in attempting to adjust the clasp on my noob explorer, the oysterlock mechanism has fallen apart. I have all the pieces, but it’s so complex I can’t work out how to reassemble it. Google has been no help. Any suggestions in Sydney? I’m central.

PM’d Mattravile but no reply yet.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

kkean

14/11/19
Hi Guys,

I saw someone has mentioned "A Watch In Time" in Melbourne. Does anyone try him before? I am looking for a reliable modder to swap the A2836 with the ETA2836 in Melbourne.
Please advise if you know one.

Thanks!!!

syd01

27/10/16
Hi all, apologies for my absence. Change of job recently has put me out of action for the last few months (have been traveling extensively). I intentionally didn't accept any jobs and cleared out existing orders in good time until now.

Don and others, can you please PM me again if you need work done? Back on the work bench. Apologies again. I'm sure Blacktown Express has been doing good work in the meantime.

Hi Marrickville I’ve sent you a PM

Sent from the RWI App

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
Gents,

Apologies for the long radio silence. I thought I at least owe you guys an explanation.

As with many of us, the watch collecting is a hobby. I have a full time job and it can get very time consuming.

I have tried to respond to many inquires here but as you can imagine, some just stop responding after a while and when work gets busy, I rarely roam the forums. As a result, I now really only work with existing established members / customers. If you are serious about what what you need done, PM me with details around the work and your intention and I will see if I can assist.

I know this message is a little rough but i'm afraid I just don't have enough time so I hope the other watchmakers can assist with your inquiries.

Replover88

5/7/16
I’ve been recommended him, sent him a PM but no response as of yet.

I just need a dial fit and movement replaced in my GMT II and would rather not do it myself. (Who am I kidding, I took it apart but afraid to fit the new movement and dial LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
I’ve been recommended him, sent him a PM but no response as of yet.

I just need a dial fit and movement replaced in my GMT II and would rather not do it myself. (Who am I kidding, I took it apart but afraid to fit the new movement and dial LOL)

Just be patient and send him another PM. He always responds to mine. Took a bit of time some times.

Reactions: Replover88

Reynald

Supporter
21/11/19
Hi all,

I have a Z series Sub, had it for about 6 months and suddenly stopped working.

Reading a bit about where to take it, but does anyone have any recommendations for Sydney which they have used recently?

I know watchmakers / service people can be very swing and miss.

btan

Renowned Member
11/10/09
I’ve been searching for years in Sydney. Have a guy I’ve mailed to a few times in Perth

Honestly at this point best is to DIY, I’ve been regulating my own watches lately. Anything gets beyond that, I’ll either stash it or sell it

Shaunzorr

Looking Around
3/7/20
I’ve been searching for years in Sydney. Have a guy I’ve mailed to a few times in Perth

Honestly at this point best is to DIY, I’ve been regulating my own watches lately. Anything gets beyond that, I’ll either stash it or sell it

Would your guy in Perth be happy if you shared his details? I am in Perth myself and am looking for a good watchmaker to service my reps.

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Does anyone know of a watchmaker / repairer in Brisbane Qld at all? It would be great to know of an ol retired local repairer guy around. I'm sure they exist.