• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

beefstockcube

Known Member
4/1/17
I have a few AP's that need minor work and one 15400 that needs a dial swap - any recommendations on where I can send it locally?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Underscore

Horology Curious
19/2/17
Anyone had an SH3132 serviced by Marrickvile or by Rob in Moorabbin, or know if they'll work on that movement?

Tobliteration

4/7/15
Hey guys, I’m looking for a local modder who can drill lug holes in my TC and do a full movement service.. I’m in Sydney. I’m also happy to send overseas if anyone has any recommendations. I’ve tried Marrickville but he doesn’t do the lug holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peej

Horology Curious
21/10/15
Hi.
Looking to get a few watches waterproofed (Omega Crpo & Pam 111) - the couch I’m sitting on has more technical ability than I do.
I’m in Sydney’s Inner West and have pm’d @marrickville but have not heard back.
Does anyone know if he’s still around or have any other suggestions in the City?

btan

Renowned Member
11/10/09
I too have tried recently. Heard nothing. Ended up sending to Yodog in LA. Very smooth process with him

Tobliteration

4/7/15
There’s a guy in Kogarah who has worked on my reps a few times. Getting my TC services with him soon. Very nice guy and very experienced to. Set up seems a bit dodgy but he’s legit..
f122ac5f46c18d31e248ae5fbb2eaa90.jpg

btan

Renowned Member
11/10/09
Ah KOGARAH - God’s country!

btan

Renowned Member
11/10/09
I’m in urgent need of a Sydney CBD watch repairer. Is George Yoon still active? Just need to get a minute hand put back on a pam372

Anyone have any tips?

beefstockcube

Known Member
4/1/17
Had two Rolex crystals swapped for Clark’s by crazy Kim in Blacktown. Took less than an hour. Not cheap at $90 total but I’m not the one with a crystal press.

whatman13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/15
I'm looking for someone in Sydney to service a cheap DSSD rep, the crown needs a bit of work- not sure what's wrong with it but sometimes it just refuses to screw on, other than that just a regular service before I start wearing it again. Anybody got any reccomendations?

Darkblue

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Sydney
Am too looking for a rep friendly watch Smith in Sydney to service my Explorer I with SH3132.

Any recommendations would be great!

Watch.dog.watching

Horology Curious
26/8/17
I too have recently posted looking for a watch smith to do some work on my ARF SD43 v2. No one on this forum has responded, however other forums have been quite helpful. Below are a couple for recommendations in Sydney;

George Yoon in 250 Pitt Street

David Keins jewellers in Hornsby

Mr Watchmaker Van Le in Kogarah

Crazy Kim in Blacktown

Blackchrono

Looking Around
18/4/18
Australia
This forum is really good. I went and browsed through all the repairers and came across Marrickville.. What a gentleman. Dropped my watch off earlier in the week and within 24hrs I get mms updates with the repair progress. Hoping to pick it up next week Very happy with everything so far. Highly recommend him for people based in Australia

Reactions: MrBeasy

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
Im in Brissy boys. I send mine to Marickville in Sydney. Experience has been fair...

The good: Excellent for service any ETA based movements - price in that regard is good too.

The mixed: I will send my watches overseas to get modded from now on however. To his credit he always owned up to any problems - however I had to consistently send my watched back to him. My Hulk had to be re-done three times

Keep that in mind if you are thinking of doing complex work on your watches

Thanks Niko for the honest and fair feedback.

I think one thing people (including myself) sometimes forget is that replica watches don't undergo the same QC that the genuine watches do (and even then, still not perfect). When we do modifications, what works for someone's watch may not work for another despite it coming from the same factory. As a result, watches that I work on now sit on the watchwinder for longer to ensure the watches function as they should and I never over commit on the work bench so that it doesn't cause any delays. In your case, I also offered to cover postage back and never charged you any "extras" but I appreciate you being patient and understanding with me.

Again, thanks for the feedback - I thank all the other members for their kind words here.

wykin01

3/7/17
Thanks Niko for the honest and fair feedback.

I think one thing people (including myself) sometimes forget is that replica watches don't undergo the same QC that the genuine watches do (and even then, still not perfect). When we do modifications, what works for someone's watch may not work for another despite it coming from the same factory. As a result, watches that I work on now sit on the watchwinder for longer to ensure the watches function as they should and I never over commit on the work bench so that it doesn't cause any delays. In your case, I also offered to cover postage back and never charged you any "extras" but I appreciate you being patient and understanding with me.

Again, thanks for the feedback - I thank all the other members for their kind words here.

Sent you a PM mate! marrickville

Last edited:

wykin01

3/7/17
Just an update for the Melbourne guys, http://awatchintime.com.au/

Spoke to a bloke named Kevin and he says he has serviced replica swiss movements but will only touch high-end reps, you'll have to bring the watch in for him to have a look before he proceeds though

Reactions: MrBeasy and Nivka