• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

mjmj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
3/11/09
Kong in Perth can do it in a week.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

arthuro

31/12/14
Marrackville is in Inner city of Sydney. Great guy. You can contact him through here. He might be able to turn it around quickly for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shamcat

20/8/14
Another glowing +1 review for [MENTION=28362]marrickville[/MENTION]

I'm in SA, and sent him a rep + gen parts for servicing/installing gen parts.

Total turnaround time was 2 weeks to send it to him and receive it back, and half of that time it was spent in transit either way.

QC/timekeeping pics along the way, answered all of my questions promptly, and sent it back via registered post with tracking.

Honestly couldn't ask for anything else. Quality work. Wholeheartedly reccomended!

Reactions: Fergulator72

occidio

Known Member
15/11/15
I've had some cheap $50-100 reps (21j and obvious Asian fakes) serviced and had various tweaks/fixes by a Jewler in Sydney, would rather not post location details here but if anyone was interested PM me. It cost $80 and turnaround time was 2weeks, 1 for quote, 2nd week to get the service done and returned back to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
Marrickville just installed a heap of gen parts on my TCv6 LV plus a general service.

Pretty sure he works on everything. Top grade work, highly recommended.

SiNNO

Known Member
8/2/16
Looking forward to sending my rep to [MENTION=28362]marrickville[/MENTION] once it comes!

ThatRepGuy

Looking Around
31/7/14
I'm also in Melbourne looking for a Rep friendly to fix a 7750 chrono that is jamming up :( .. anyone ?

Heme

12/4/14
Forget about the Hornsby option.
Left a 2824-2 with him for a service , first time I picked it up it wouldn't work and after I picked it up 2 weeks later it now gains about an hour a day!
Cost $180! plus whatever its going to cost to fix whatever it is that he has done.
I smelt a rat when he was very non specific when I asked exactly what he had done. The place looked dirty and disorganised, I was initially shocked this guy was a watchsmith.
Should have trusted my gut instinct.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
A shoutout to [MENTION=28362]marrickville[/MENTION] for his work on my speedy pro 2013 limited edition. He swapped the movement into a different case, transferred the bezel insert and installed a gen crystal. He was an absolute professional, excellent communicator and showed excellent worksmanship. I shipped the watch from Melbourne and had it back in hand about 10 days later (over the Easter long weekend mind you). The standard of work was outstanding and his pricing was very reasonable. I would highly recommend him and won't hesitate to use him again in the future.

As an aside, Ekselman in Melbourne CBD are a bunch of muppets and I cannot discourage you from using them strongly enough. They took the very same watch for 4 weeks, claimed they couldn't do anything to fix it, but managed to get dust on the dial. When questioned, they insisted they hadn't even opened the caseback. In which case, I don't know how they knew they couldn't fix the watch. Muppets.

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
A big big plus to [MENTION=28362]marrickville[/MENTION] (Rob) for his services.

Worked on my CrPO and sent back to me within 2 weeks. Also helped me with other issues and questions I have with my other reps.

Excellent communication with QC pics along the way. Very reasonable priced too for such quality service and professionalism.

Highly recommended and he will definitely be my go to person for any future reps to be serviced/worked on.

Sent from my iPhone v6 using my fat fingers

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Alright guys. Dropped off my Seamaster with Miyota to be serviced by the mob in Brisbane - (Leonard St)
Don't bother - I explained to them that the movement was a non-genuine Miyota and then I received a call from them after 2 days saying sorry you watch is a copy and thus we can not service it. WTF?!?! All it needed was a Keyless works - Maybe the girl wasn't listening. I'm unsure where else to go now; I'll try some other watch repairers and get back to you al'

ron_burgundy

Looking Around
19/10/13
Had two watches recently serviced by [MENTION=28362]marrickville[/MENTION]- a 2824 and a 6497 movement.

He did a great job and both now working perfectly. QC pics were cool

Would recommend for anyone needing any work done

Incidentally George Yoon has retired- I called him the other day and confirmed this with him. Rob (marrickville) does better work anyway

Double Red 1665

Horology Curious
29/5/12
Hey fellow Aussies...
I've used Ray Drummond in Nth Sydney he's a third gen watchmaker great bloke and can work on any movement, no dramas with reps at all..

He's semi retired and only works Wednesday from Giro jewellers..

Giro's Jewellery
Jewellery Stores - North Sydney, NSW

Level 1 155-167 Miller St, North Sydney NSW 2060

flyingMD

Known Member
3/5/16
I sent two watches to @marrickville a week ago and got them back today. One of them was not keeping time and the other one had some rotor issue.
He fixed both of them well. So happy!!!

Gij100

25/6/15
I was fortunate to have [MENTION=28362]marrickville[/MENTION] service my LMPO after the rotor came off.

I really appreciated his pictoral updates re: the progress with my watch. Was all up a 5 day turnaround, and I received the watch in better shape than when I'd got it from the TD.

Very professional, very skilled and very prompt with his communication. Will not hesitate to ask for Marrickville's help again in future, and would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for somebody to service a rep.

Julskee

Horology Curious
31/8/16
Hi boys fellow Australian here I have been wanting to perches I good quality rep locally instead of over seas! Can anyone point me in the right direction or hook me up with a link or something?

Cheers fellas

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

dean84

Looking Around
1/9/16
Hi, Just purchased the Oris Prodiver 51mm,with a 7750 movement. I am going to get it serviced and thinking George Yoon, does anyone know if he does waterproofing? or can anyone recommend somebody? I know the watch has a few areas where water can leak in etc and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers