• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
It would appear Marrickville is off the radar. The Perth contact seems to be the best option at the moment (I haven't used him)

ladydatejust

Horology Curious
30/1/21
Perth based I have a retired gentleman I use, he is reasonably priced and just likes watches - he works on my reps and gens all the same. Happy to give details if you want :)

He's happy to take mail ins, I have him working on a couple of 1675s now.

I have a couple of things I need done – one 28mm GMF datejust that hasn't really worked properly since about a week after I received it (needs to be wound daily) and a 41mm VSF datejust that I want to have serviced and swap the dial for gen.

The only trouble is I'm struggling to find anyone who can do it! I've tried PMingmarrickville and BLK.W.EXPRESS but after reading every page of this informative thread – what a rollercoaster – it seems unlikely either of them will be available.

Any leads would be really appreciated.

ad6904

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/12
Recently had my 6yo noob 116610 serviced by Marrickville. He's so easy to do business with. Lined up a few more jobs for him already! Id recommend him to anyone.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Thanks for the info, guys. I've been meaning to send a couple of Subs his way for servicing but not gotten around to it. Great to see these recommendations.

apples789

Looking Around
22/4/19
Hi all. I recently had my VSF Omega Seamaster repaired and serviced by Marrickville. He quickly identified the issue causing the rough winding and sent me a photo of the damaged part as well photos of the disassembled watch. The watch is now working great. It was a pleasure to deal with him and I highly recommend his services!

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

badmitz

Looking Around
3/6/21
Lads, this isn't a paid post by any means but I was scouring the forums looking for somebody to silence the rotor wheel of my new AP 15450 (having received new it was frustratingly loud). Found Marrickville on here, got his details, added him on WhatsApp and I ended up sending two watches for him to service. I received the AP back (I am interstate) within 2 working days with the rotor originally sounding 7.5/10 down to a 2/10. Really recommend his work. I don't know what timeframes he provides for other work but I was pretty happy with the turn around. Thanks again mate

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Thanks for all the feedback, have a piece in need of work locally and sounds like he is the guy to go to:thumbsup:

ladydatejust

Horology Curious
30/1/21
Hi all, just wanted to chime in to say I've now had three different watches worked on by Marrickville. One service, one dial swap, and finally another slightly more complicated dial and bezel swap. Cannot speak more highly of his work and service – luckily I'm in Sydney so am able to drop off in person and don't have the issue of posting anything, but turnaround time has been a matter of days at the most. He also kept me informed along the way with pics of what stage of the process he was up to.

NickInSydney

Looking Around
2/7/19
NSW
Just had my first service done by Marrickville and couldn't be happier with the work. He serviced and repaired a rep Breitling Avenger with an A2824 movement that had stopped running after falling onto a hard floor. Work was carried out quickly with great communication (including some great photographs of the movement as it was cleaned) and the watch was back on my wrist less than I week after I sent it to him in the post. Great service and will definitely be using his services next time I need any work done.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Another recommendation for marrickville.

Just had my VSF 116610 serviced and Noob 126610 repaired, as it stopped running after only a couple or months of use.

Great communication from start to finish, pics provided along the way, and a gentleman to deal with.

amshah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Just adding to the above, had marrickville repair and service my zzf sub, which I got back today. Great comms, took just over a week from when I mailed it to get it back (interstate and in the middle of a covid lockdown). The difference in winding the movement after the service is night and day.

Definitely recommend and will be using his services again.

N0tail_

1/6/17
I recently had a genuine AP dial repaired with marrickville and was very impressed with his work. Communication was more than consistent and it took less than a week to receive the dial back. (Sent the dial from Brisbane out on a Wednesday, arrived in Sydney the next day, repairs done by Friday and the dial was back in my hands by Monday morning).

Would highly recommend to anyone looking for any services done (rep or gen).

litesec

Looking Around
17/4/18
Just had Marrickville service my Datejust 116234 with a SH3135 movement, turnaround was earlier than promised and the watch is keeping time beautifully. Had some issues fitting a gen datewheel but that is an issue with the movement and Marrickville was able to recommend some options that I will try out soon.

First ever watch service went great :) would happily recommend to anyone in sydney