• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
Hey guys,

Long time member at RWG and have been helping aussie members with their watches for a number of years now too.

Happy to help and can do most mods and service 28XX and 649X movements

Plenty of references too.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You a watchmaker mate? You should know we don't let just anyone advertise their services here.

ad6904

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/12
Hmm I'll wait for the response

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
You a watchmaker mate? You should know we don't let just anyone advertise their services here.

Completed stage 1 (1 year at TAFE watchmaking course) under watchmaker Trenton Firth (who is also the President of Watch and Clockmakers of Australia)

Apologies for my post though as I didn't mean to "advertise", just wanted to let the aussie members know there's rep friendly guy around as well.

Pls delete my post if it was inappropriate.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yeah I know who Trenton is, don't let him find out about your sideline mate, he's not exactly rep friendly.
Guys, marrickville is not a TD here obviously but given the shortage of rep friendly WMs in OZ I won't stop him helping out.

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Just to add here....Marrickville helped me with two of my watches....a SOH V2 Datewheel and a vintage Rolex Daytona......Great guy to deal with.......He's unbelievably quick..........

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
Yeah I know who Trenton is, don't let him find out about your sideline mate, he's not exactly rep friendly.
Guys, marrickville is not a TD here obviously but given the shortage of rep friendly WMs in OZ I won't stop him helping out.

Thanks Trail - appreciate the gesture here.

Yeah he would smoke my ass if he found out.

Ironically, the reason why I undertook the courses was because I was interested in rep watches!

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Hooray! (Trenton can kiss my arse as well as hacko )

i have some dead watches including my SAGA of a GMT IIc that has given me the first girl nearly 2 years!

hazeyPO

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/12/13
I would avoid george yoon 250 pitt st if you care for your watch and dont want it coming back with scuffs and marks.

Open to other suggestions please.

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
marrickville where about are u in Australia? if ur in eastern state, whats ur normal turn around time to west side?

hazeyPO

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/12/13
Bangs the watch around flicking bracelet. Nothing soft to lean watch against but metal and glass. Had scuffs on bezel and bracelet. Dirt on dial and hands. Repairs and servicing may be good but the above a concerns. This is even after i said it a new watch please dont sratch

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^^^ Yep thats why I stopped using George. He will fix your watch but he will also mark it. LOL

justudor

18/1/13
^^^ Yep thats why I stopped using George. He will fix your watch but he will also mark it. LOL

Bangs the watch around flicking bracelet. Nothing soft to lean watch against but metal and glass. Had scuffs on bezel and bracelet. Dirt on dial and hands. Repairs and servicing may be good but the above a concerns. This is even after i said it a new watch please dont sratch

I would avoid george yoon 250 pitt st if you care for your watch and dont want it coming back with scuffs and marks.

Open to other suggestions please.

I think everyone is having varied mileage. I mean, we have such limited options and to have someone willing to service our watches is great.

As I noted in my previous notes;

JLC NSD - dead after a week of wear. $80 service and running superb. No scuffs nothing. It is 4 screws to open the case back and away you.

2nd time,
PAM111 which was running 15 secs per hour fast. Took it to get it serviced and was returned to me running PERFECT but around 3-4 scratches in the case.

Overall, my impression is that he does the job well enough but if you have a watch with an unusual mechanism or securing caseback then he will have to improvise. Though, he perhaps could have used a sticky ball.

All in all, I would still take basic servicing jobs for watches that are straighforward. We can hardly be picky, if you ask me. I don't have many more reps left (1 + 2 frankens) but will keep him as an option.

There are other watchmakers in that building but unsure if rep friendly (not likely).

peterpl

24/7/11
^^^ Thats why I'm lucky. I go out west alot and I found a awesome watchsmith out there. Never ever ever marks my watches and not a single dust particle under the crystal.

Just had a 7750 serviced last week from him and he took 1.5 weeks and the watch has been running fast 1 second per day. I love my watchsmith. LOL

dudeman500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/13
^^^ Thats why I'm lucky. I go out west alot and I found a awesome watchsmith out there. Never ever ever marks my watches and not a single dust particle under the crystal.

Just had a 7750 serviced last week from him and he took 1.5 weeks and the watch has been running fast 1 second per day. I love my watchsmith. LOL

Did you get your swiss transplanted?

peterpl

24/7/11
Nah i'm waiting for my 3777 to die first. Still running strong. Once it dies I'll get him to do the swap.