• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

Arancini

Known Member
20/9/12
George reckons he'll give me a 6-month guarantee once the watch is serviced.

Better than a Zero guarantee from the Chinese factories I guess.

justudor

18/1/13
Wow! Great!

My serviced watch is going to come back with finger marks under the crystal and hairs.

Regretting I gave my watch over to George now....lol

No, you'll be fine. He does great servicing and no need to worry. Don't regret, we all haven't used them with terrible results.
He also offered me 6 mths guarantee too.

alf91501

Known Member
25/4/09
Sorry for the daft question but is $120 a good deal for servicing? Have no idea what it costs so this is an honest question. I know Roles charges $500+ so I'd presume its a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justudor

18/1/13
George reckons he'll give me a 6-month guarantee once the watch is serviced.

Better than a Zero guarantee from the Chinese factories I guess.

Yep, agreed - absolutely.

Plus help out a local and quicker turnaround too. You'd spend $20 to send it back and you'd wait a month perhaps to get it back from Chinese factories.

Sorry for the daft question but is $120 a good deal for servicing? Have no idea what it costs so this is an honest question. I know Roles charges $500+ so I'd presume its a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, but I was charged $80 for 2824, and $80 for 6497.
the 7750 movement is a complicated movement that I believe watchsmiths loathe

Arancini

Known Member
20/9/12
Okay, so just an update.

Got my PAM 312 KW 7750 back from George.

Running like a dream. Told me the Chinese factories are a joke the way they assemble our 7750s. No oil, dirt, loose screws.

Here's hoping she gives me plenty of trouble free moments from here on in.

justudor

18/1/13
Okay, so just an update.

Got my PAM 312 KW 7750 back from George.

Running like a dream. Told me the Chinese factories are a joke the way they assemble our 7750s. No oil, dirt, loose screws.

Here's hoping she gives me plenty of trouble free moments from here on in.

Oh good news mate!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Arancini

Known Member
20/9/12
Oh good news mate!

A big thank you to you Dainese.

It's members like you who are willing to share their knowledge and contacts, that make this such a great site for these sorts of watches.

Happy Days.

ad6904

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/12
This is excellent. Thanks to all for the info and feedback

justudor

18/1/13
A big thank you to you Dainese.

It's members like you who are willing to share their knowledge and contacts, that make this such a great site for these sorts of watches.

Happy Days.

This is excellent. Thanks to all for the info and feedback

Most welcome guys. We a small team but we are a friendly bunch.

Are we attending the get together? 17th August.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
Hi Gents,

wanted to update you on my experience with

Richard Ler Watchmaker and Jewellery
442 Oxford Street, Bondi junction

Whilst he was all smiles his work is poor. I dropped my 7750 off to him and requested he get it working. He quoted my $150.00 - cheaper for me to send it to ASIA at that price. I thought it was a bit rich given his set up was front office, open plan, hardly clean and watch tools and watch pieces everywhere. Didnt exactly spell professional.

I then decided to swap a movement out of another watch to replace the 7750 - he said he could do it and charged $50.00.

Twice I went back at the time stated he would have it ready and twice it wasn't nor any explanation accept (brother I fix for you - no worry no worry).

The third time it was finally ready after I stood and watched him put it back together - (20 min wait). Ill add no care was taken with the handling of them.

All in all he was a pathetic mess - I wouldn't use him again. I often worry about a guy who is so energetic and all smiles, perhaps disguising his floors in workmanship.

I am on the hunt for someone else.

Keep you posted.

ad6904

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/12
Hi Gents,

Whilst he was all smiles his work is poor. I dropped my 7750 off to him and requested he get it working. He quoted my $150.00 - cheaper for me to send it to ASIA at that price. I thought it was a bit rich given his set up was front office, open plan, hardly clean and watch tools and watch pieces everywhere. Didnt exactly spell professional.

I then decided to swap a movement out of another watch to replace the 7750 - he said he could do it and charged $50.00.

Twice I went back at the time stated he would have it ready and twice it wasn't nor any explanation accept (brother I fix for you - no worry no worry).

The third time it was finally ready after I stood and watched him put it back together - (20 min wait). Ill add no care was taken with the handling of them.

All in all he was a pathetic mess - I wouldn't use him again. I often worry about a guy who is so energetic and all smiles, perhaps disguising his floors in workmanship.

Keep you posted.

That sucks. Perhaps try the Pitt st guy, someone got their 7750 serviced by him and they were very happy

Yawn

Known Member
12/11/12
Hi Gents,

Keep you posted.

Wow, that's bad. So how was the watch? Working fine?

TastyTreats

21/5/12
Never Land
Watch is working fine only because the movement was a new one out of another watch. So it was a straight forward Transplant.

Richard was simply 'Unprofessional' & 'careless' and whilst I realise he is a side shop set up at least ensure the product you are fixing/servicing is kept in the same condition as you received it.

I mean really how easy is it to ensure the working surface is clean, tidy and dust free ?

I am sure there is better out there. I am going to try George Y and perhaps another guy I have in sight.

justudor

18/1/13
I plan on doing so!

Show your interest in the thread! More people likely to attend.

Hi Gents,

Keep you posted.

So original work was revive 7750 and when he failed at that a transplant was ordered instead?

Did he find out that it was not repairable, or did he ruin it?

You only paid for the transplant work?

George Yoon has a very simple workshop too. Very simple. Not disgusting but not some swanky flash one. I trust his work - and his quick turnaround too.

Just fancy work I am not sure he can manage - like modding, any watches with unusual casebacks etc

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
My apologies TastyTreats for suggesting that place, should have tested the waters before mentioning anything

TastyTreats

21/5/12
Never Land
No need to apologize guys.

My experience your gain.

To add to this truly forgettable story earlier today I heard something un usual on my 7750 whilst on the wrist.

I decided to open it up myself given I have the basic knowledge and tools for it.

Low and behold I find a screw swimming around in the movement.

Transplant has not been a total success.

Luckily not a cognitive screw just a lock down one. But still the heart could have had a blow out.

More evidence of shotty short cut work.

View attachment 23763

TastyTreats

Arancini

Known Member
20/9/12
Try George Yoon at Level 5, 250 Pitt St Tasty.

As mentioned, he serviced my 7750 and it's been running beautifully ever since. Not cheap mine, but for $120, I was more than happy to drop the money to get it working reliably again.

George's office is very spartan, so don't expect AD levels of lighting and furnishing. But he's friendly and professional and most importantly, gets the job done right, first time.