• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

justudor

18/1/13
Level 5, 250 Pitt street. North of the hungry jacks or opposite arthouse

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

oshiri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/13
Any Melbourne recommendations? Not very keen on putting my precious in the mail.

Overport

14/2/13
I had some work done by Ekselman on Elizabeth St a few years back. A very average GMT II I picked up in lucky plaza....

He was happy to do the work, but I would only use him for 'tank work'.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Fellas, found another one, small little variety store that does with a counter for watch repairs and run by an Asian couple

Richard Ler Watchmaker and Jewellery
442 Oxford Street, Bondi junction

It's just at the start of the mall once you leave Westfields. Didn't get them to do anything except crack it open and quoted me around $100 for full service of A2824. Willing to do A7750s as well

justudor

18/1/13
Nice. Going to go with them?

My guy did it for $80. And it is better in every way. Rep's would be even better if they came out like that from factory...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Nice. Going to go with them?

My guy did it for $80. And it is better in every way. Rep's would be even better if they came out like that from factory...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's good to know! I'm probably going to stick with your guy, proven and also more convenient for me because I work in the city

Arancini

Known Member
20/9/12
Just got a quote for my 7750 from George Yoon.

$120. Hope he does do good work. Fingers crossed.

justudor

18/1/13
Just got a quote for my 7750 from George Yoon.

$120. Hope he does do good work. Fingers crossed.

My 2824 was beautiful after he finished with it. Likewise, my pam111. However, because he is not some big shot shop, I believe if you have a back that is not typically easy to remove, there maybe an issue. he scratched my pam111 caseback.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
My 2824 was beautiful after he finished with it. Likewise, my pam111. However, because he is not some big shot shop, I believe if you have a back that is not typically easy to remove, there maybe an issue. he scratched my pam111 caseback.

Yeah I used him before as well. He is ok. Because he doesnt speak english too well its hard and you have to tell him to make sure he cleans the watch properly before assembling it again.

I've given him 3 watches and each time there is hair/finger prints/or something under the crystal. Annoying.

He will fix your movement though.

peterpl

24/7/11
I had some work done by Ekselman on Elizabeth St a few years back. A very average GMT II I picked up in lucky plaza....

He was happy to do the work, but I would only use him for 'tank work'.

What do you mean Tank work?

justudor

18/1/13
If tank work is basic work, then I think George is it. Servicing all kinds of movement is ok, but anything unusual with case backs or disassembly maybe not..
Modding, who knows?

Arancini

Known Member
20/9/12
Wow! Great!

My serviced watch is going to come back with finger marks under the crystal and hairs.

Regretting I gave my watch over to George now....lol

peterpl

24/7/11
Wow! Great!

My serviced watch is going to come back with finger marks under the crystal and hairs.

Regretting I gave my watch over to George now....lol

You should be fine. Just inspect it before you leave the shop. If there are hairs or anything just tell him to clean it.

Let us know how it goes. I need to use him again.

I must admit though if you have movement issues he will fix them for reasonable prices.